DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ver 4.1.17 is out now!!

Here's a weird one. My iphone 7+ with iOS 11.1 and Go4 app version 4.1.16 was a bit flakey the last few times I flew. Sometimes it would be fine...and sometimes the compass/radar on app (little red triangle bottom left of app's display) would be off by approx. 20 to 45 degrees. This morning, I decided to perform IMU calibration (I've never performed this since I purchased it back in Oct/Nov 2016...and never had issues until I accidentally updated the Go4 app many versions ago...before we were forced to use Go4).

Anyway...after IMU calibration, I flew indoors and outdoors flawlessly. Yes, even my compass/radar was correct. The weird thing was that I had 10-11 satellites indoors, in the middle of my living room. Before IMU calibration, I've never connected to satellites from my living room. I would always fly in "atti mode" indoors. In addition to that, it was a very cloudy/overcast morning.

I'll have to fly more to confirm this morning's results...but so far I'm happy...so I'm not going to update to 4.1.17 just yet.

Below is photo from the middle of my living room.
View attachment 24608
GPS acquisition inside a house is based on location near windows. It's also going to have a lot of echoes involved with reflections off the walls. This is a known phenomena with hikers using GPS receivers in rocky locations. The location accuracy should be held in suspect in these situations. Be very careful.

Play Store still shows the ..15 version. Where did you get that release?
Please see the screenshot, I updated it about a week ago.

Attachments

• A0C8B85E-1D43-4F8C-8D3A-2AFAFB6D7118.png
    A0C8B85E-1D43-4F8C-8D3A-2AFAFB6D7118.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580