DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Version 1.8 Garbage?

Greg Webb

Retired Law Enforcement / Part 107 Cert.
Reactions
Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong. I just updated to version 1.8 DJI Fly and it takes forever to load, if it ever loads. I get "DJI Fly isn't Responding" Error. Close or Wait. After going thru 3 cycles of "wait" it finally loads. But rest assured, "DJI Fly has Stopped" error will come up and ask if you want to "Open app Again?" I have done I think everything to get this working. I have factory re-set the remote, installed the latest firmware on the remote as well as updated to version 1.8. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Is it just me?

I updated my Mini 2 to the new Version 1.8.0 last week and I did not experience any difficulty and I posted my experience on MP and only one other member responded that they did not have any problems either.

I am sorry, but I have no recommedations. Good Luck!

Reactions: YVRGUY
Since you did not not note which type of device its been installed on (IOS or Droid or a Smart RC), which may or may not make a difference unless its relatively old or under-powered, I suggest that it best would be to uninstall the app and re-install it and see if starts working normally.

What device?
Smart Remote / Air 2S I just did another factory re-set and erased everything and re-installed 1.8 One thing I notice was I had used a different email address when logging on. I changed it and when everything was done it seemed to work. I haven't updated the controller firmware yet. I'm almost afraid to try it. You know, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Haven't had an issue on either my Samsung Tab Active3 (Android 12, 4GB ram, 128GB internal storage with a 512GB A2 microSD) or my Samsung S22 (Android 13, 8GB ram, 128GB internal storage).

And 1.8.0 is even working with my hacked Air 2S using the older 2040 firmware, all aeroscope broadcast disabled, and RC pro compatible (though I don't have an RC pro, I just did it so that it would stop asking me to upgrade firmware with it showing 99.99.999).

It may help to go into settings and clear both cache and data, and then set it up initially on a strong wifi connection.

Smart Remote / Air 2S I just did another factory re-set and erased everything and re-installed 1.8 One thing I notice was I had used a different email address when logging on. I changed it and when everything was done it seemed to work. I haven't updated the controller firmware yet. I'm almost afraid to try it. You know, if it's not broken, don't fix it.
What I’ve experienced In this arena. If it’s running fine and it isn’t broke, update, and on the whole, it runs better or has some new features that enhance the operation.

Granted, there have been many upgrade misfits offered that have caused a headache or two and that’s where the forum is, in most parts…a barometer to these issues. There are times you can really sense the issue by the onslaught of complaints.

DJI have responded well with rectifying these issue/complaints in good time. At times I feel like we are DJI’s testing grounds to see what may have snuck under the radar in their R&D. We have so many different types of controllers and DJI working hard trying to adapt them to so many different drones. Somewhere in the latter somebody won’t be happy…it’s a given.

I run a mini 2/RCN1 (IOS) and a mini 3 pro/DJI RC and they are all up to date, and running just fine. Our expectations regarding upgrades are very high regarding these expensive birds and I feel like we’re all test pilots in a sense. Do you agree, that drone technology only gets better with the help of our mileage?

Safe and Fun Flying

🇨🇦👍

Took it for a test flight after the 2nd factory re-set. As I mentioned before, I had logged into DJI using a different password on my account. It took the 2nd factory re-set in order to change it. I may have had a bad download of 1.8. After all done, the controller (smart remote) loaded quickly, got off the ground and flew flawlessly. Hopefully all is well now. Sure has been a headache getting to this. Thanks all for your comments.

I'm flying my Mavic Air 2 with DJI Fly 1.8.0, Google Pixel 6, no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54