DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed by Litchi and Air 2S

This thread prompted me to run a test with Litchi doing a simple orbit with a radius of 1/3 mile or so. Using a simple waypoint mission with a central POI there was considerable yaw lags and pushes resulting in a jerky orbit video. Seeing as this was about a 7 minute orbit obviously the video would easily edit out. I'm looking to increase the speed and will repeat the test today with both Litchi and Maven. Have a job coming up that requires exactly this camera move keeping sticks steady for that amount of time is going to be tricky. Litchi seems to do OK in smaller more linear types of moves but I've always found it to be a bit on the jerky end when using waypoint actions.....the feel of the video is very robotic. There may be a technique to compensate for this, which may just be flying manually, or not. I'd prefer to automate if at all possible. FWIW when using Drone Deploy (less so) or Map Pilot Pro (more so) there seems to be an amount of yaw drift, as if the drone is confused, when the aircraft is orienting between passes when flying mapping missions. It is something to investigate further and it may be related to this "drift" which seems to have been introduced in a firmware downgrade during 2022. Drone Deploy did not exhibit this issue with a M2Z in March but using a M2A in July the wayward yaw is apparent.

Reactions: Peio64270
I also think it has to do with safety because virtual stick missions prevent users from flying outside of controller range.

Chris
Flying outside of controller range is illegal in many countries without a special waiver so (in those countries) using virtual sticks wouldn’t be an issue.

Flying outside of controller range is illegal in many countries without a special waiver so (in those countries) using virtual sticks wouldn’t be an issue.
The issue is virtual sticks does not work as smoothly as uploaded missions did. Either you are in controller range or not.

The issue is virtual sticks does not work as smoothly as uploaded missions did. Either you are in controller range or not.
And with any of the drones which use the Fly app, if you are out of range, the RTH option kicks in anyway.

Reactions: AZDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots