DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very happy with the Air1

Dakarenduro

Reactions
Just a shout out to the Air. Mine has been sitting, lonely for a few months. Last flight for it was in January, ever since I got a new M2Z.

This weekend I'm headed out for a motorcycle trip in the desert with some friends. I'm packing light so I am 99% sure the Air will be the one I take with me. I just flew it for the first time in 5 months.

Yes, it is way louder/obnoxious than the sound from the M2. Yes, it is way slower compared to the M2.
However, you can't get past the portability. Even the Air2 loses in that category. The Air1 is the best packout drone in my opinion. The Mini is smaller but can't handle the winds the Air can, which is a big factor with my flight locations.

Anyway, off my soapbox.

Agree. I’m very fo d of mine. Sure more range and a longer flight time would be nice, but it’s a very capable unit in such a small package. ? from me in Italy.

And just to add on to the portability factor ... The possibility to maneuver it completely without the RC.

This either directly with your mobile device as a remote with a max distance of 100m & 50m height (which can be fully sufficient in more cases then you might think) ... with full access to all quick shot modes & live view ...

... or even lighter by using the Smart Capture & have it as an airborne selfie camera ... and this is working really good also.

Reactions: NOLADG
However, you can't get past the portability. Even the Air2 loses in that category. The Air1 is the best packout drone in my opinion. The Mini is smaller but can't handle the winds the Air can, which is a big factor with my flight locations.

If you include the size of the controller, the Air2 is pretty near on par with a M2. There are plenty of reasons one might want to buy the MA2, but size is not one of them IMO.

Reactions: Dakarenduro
If you include the size of the controller, the Air2 is pretty near on par with a M2. There are plenty of reasons one might want to buy the MA2, but size is not one of them IMO.
Agreed. I didnt realize how large the Air2 was until I watched a side by side comparison. I had wrongly assumed it was same footprint as the Air1. Not even close. Considering the size I have no need to try an Air2 since I already have a M2 series.

I pulled mine out today for the 1st time since getting the MA2. Wow it is soooooo different. I mean yes I immediate heard the difference but the dampened controls also compared to the MA2. Funny thing is I think the MA1 is more visible than the MA2 in the sky even though it's smaller. I do think I like the simplicity of Fly vs Go4. It took a little digging around to find what I was looking for vs it being 2 clicks at most on the Fly app.

Just a shout out to the Air. Mine has been sitting, lonely for a few months. Last flight for it was in January, ever since I got a new M2Z.

This weekend I'm headed out for a motorcycle trip in the desert with some friends. I'm packing light so I am 99% sure the Air will be the one I take with me. I just flew it for the first time in 5 months.

Yes, it is way louder/obnoxious than the sound from the M2. Yes, it is way slower compared to the M2.

Anyway, off my soapbox.
I like the design of the Mavic Air drone with Master Airscrew propellers the best combination for flying.

I agree with all the good things said about the Mavic Air 1. I like everything about mine...the only problem is..The Air 2 is freakishly good! period.

I like the Fly app better too. I can't see either one on a bright day of course but..if I could I would know where to find stuff on the fly. I have to constantly retrain my tired brain with the DJI 4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag