DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very noisy cooling fan (sounds like its catching)on a brand new Mavic Pro Platinum

RibMavic

Reactions
Problem? Hi as a newbie I've been searching the forums and I can see there are threads about fans and remotes etc. and I understand that turning on the drone in doors would make the fan come on but it's really noisy, like it's catching something as it's possible to change the pitch of the noise by moving the drone. Anyone else experienced this, should I just return it to DJi?

Was unit in a crash? NO brand new flown a couple of times

What have you tried so far? It's ok when out flying just when i've been indoors doing updates etc.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification? (if so what) NO

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) From new just downloaded new firmware

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)YES I'm trying to attach files but the forum says the uploaded file does not have the allowed extension!

Problem? Hi as a newbie I've been searching the forums and I can see there are threads about fans and remotes etc. and I understand that turning on the drone in doors would make the fan come on but it's really noisy, like it's catching something as it's possible to change the pitch of the noise by moving the drone. Anyone else experienced this, should I just return it to DJi?

Was unit in a crash? NO brand new flown a couple of times

What have you tried so far? It's ok when out flying just when i've been indoors doing updates etc.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 7

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification? (if so what) NO

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) From new just downloaded new firmware

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)YES I'm trying to attach files but the forum says the uploaded file does not have the allowed extension!
Upload you files to YouTube, or othe similar service, copy the share link, and the paste the share link as text into your post.

Are you getting any warnings/notifications through the controlling device.

Upload you files to YouTube, or othe similar service, copy the share link, and the paste the share link as text into your post.

Ok I'll set up an account and send the link. No warnings or notifications of any sort.

here's a link to the noisy fan video.

Cheers

Yeah thats not right...
I have a MP1P and the fan just sounds like a fan. You should call DJI tech suport.
Should be covered under the factory warranty.

Reactions: RibMavic
Yeah thats not right...
I have a MP1P and the fan just sounds like a fan. You should call DJI tech suport.
Should be covered under the factory warranty.
Looks like it's going back! Just taken a call from DJi to authorise sending it back, just as well it's raining!

I have 2 different Mavic 2 Pro's, which I recently had one replaced under Refresh Care Plus due to a crash. The replacement I received appears to be new in box with a manufacturer date of May 19th, 2020. However, it has a noisy fan moreso than the others which I have observed using my OCD white gloves. The video here definitely picks up the buzzing, a bit more than the human ear, thus amplified to sone degree. My point in posting is that, I am very happy with the aircraft in that it seems very solid in its ability to to calibrate, hold altitude VERY well, even without using the IR sensor. (baro only). I realize swapping the internal fan is an easy and cheap job. I am on the fence as to what to do, file a claim or wait it out and replace it at some point after Refresh Care Plus expires. I am always fearful of getting one worse than the current.
Here is the video
Thoughts anyone?

I think about hearing that noise that the motor axis is not fitted right and the fan prop is scratching in the airflow channel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143