DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very poor range. Repair under warranty?

I did it, and there is dramatic improvement. I still have 200m limit set by myself but on 120 up and 200m horizontal distance the signal is full bar. Not a single frame drop. I will go to a park and will remove the limit tomorrow to check where it can go.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I did it, and there is dramatic improvement. I still have 200m limit set by myself but on 120 up and 200m horizontal distance the signal is full bar. Not a single frame drop. I will go to a park and will remove the limit tomorrow to check where it can go.

I figured that was it.

Definitely enjoy the extra range, but I recommend you don't do a maximum range test though, it's a great way to pointlessly lose your drone or damage your batteries (you shouldn't run them below 20-30%).

Reactions: Groot
I put 400m range (because I listen yo your advice :) ) and the drone hit it very easy with maybe 1 bar less than full, but not a single warning, or lost frame. I will try 500 tomorrow. I do this carefully enough. 400m is absolutely enough for me anyway :). I am not feeling very comfortable to go further anyway.

All my tests are in a park and without big buildings around, so no major radio pollution around (exept me). I bought one of these funny foil signal boosters, to check what will happen.

Am I the only one with little bit acrophobia when I fly this thing? :)

if there is any options to go any long beach you should try to fly there.. also if you have problem you will landed easily and find your drone.. i check my limit like this but its not same as other of any flights..

I had same problems with you.
Setting it in FCC mode solved disconnection problems, and can fly 500m away, with almost full signal.

I also am afraid to fly long distance, but fortunately until now, after each disconnection I had, it was returning home.
Be sure you have a home point recorded, before flying away from it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chenjinhun