DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very Poor Signal

Flack

Reactions
I have only just got my Mavic and had 4 flights using only Litchi, nothing long just to test it is all working. I was just looking through all the flight data on Airdata and noticed that every flight has very poor signal rating.
The Mavic was at most 70 feet away. the last flight I did was a small waypoint mission in Litchi, this had a couple of segmants that showed poor but most where in th green. Onr flight was a Pano flight.
Should I be concerend at this as I thought the Mavic flew ok and it did respond to all my inputs.

I did try follow me and tracking mode as well. The follow me worked ish, but I could not get the tracking to work.

Flack

Well did another three flights today and they all have very poor signal issues some even have a score of 0 no green segments at all.

Can anybody tell me if there Mavic flights are the same with poor or zero scores.

Flack

Sounds like you have a defective Mavic. I go out over 10,000 feet with no signal problems. Are you making sure you have direct line-of-sight between you and the Mavic? Anything in between will block or attenuate the signal.

HFMan I have no problems with distance and get no errors on the remote, I did a flight today 1500 feet with full signal on the remote and video, its just all my flights have poor (purple color) in Airdata UAV sensor reports, All my P3P flights are showing green. I am wondering if its the area that I am flying in, I have not flown here before even with my P3P.

I have quite a few Data loss entries in my logs.

Flack

4120 feet is my max so far. Started getting sweaty palms. Lol... but no signal problem.

@Flack - like others report, I am able to fly a mile out with full bars, however, I too get a page of green signal errors on airdata.com. Not sure what's going on with that.

The farthest i got and i chicken out was 2300ft. Around 600ft more the HD and RC icon is blinking switching back and forth. When i reached 2300ft the RC icon turned red with 1 bar and but didnt loose any connection and still in fully control. I hate those icon blinking.

Guys this is what I mean by signal poor, on this flight no issues with video or signal, its just when I view my data in Airdat that show these signal errors.

signalMavic.jpg

2.jpg

This one is totally purple. Like I have said during the flight all signals are good.

Flack

I have the same problem. At a distance of 100-150m I am losing the video signal. Even if I am just a few meters away from the drone, the svideo transmission can be very poor and intermittent.
My RC loses contact with the Mavic at a range of approximately 1000m.
Any expericenes with broken or ill placed antennas in the mavic?

When I connect to the mavic via wifi I always get a warning for poor signal. So I think the problem is located in the hardware of the mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada