DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video AEL lock

Hello from the Crossroads of America geekone.

I don't have the MA2s, but since we're using the same app, check the custom setting(s) about the Fn button at the top left of the controller.

IMG_20220219_173122_005.jpg

You have to choose what the button function does from the list so you're limited to only two options.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
If you hold your finger on the screen long enough.... it will lock and show you a lock symbol.

I thought so too but couldn't get it to work. 🤔

I do remember that popping up in the past by tapping the screen.

I tried and got control of the gimbal to pan / tilt the camera. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: hiflyer201
I know on the last version of DJI Fly spot exposure was broken.... it was finally fixed in the last update. It is possible the two problems are related as its pretty much the same touch on the screen that triggers them. The length of time I hold the screen is the only difference between exposing for a subject and locking exposure on the same spot.

I know on the last version of DJI Fly spot exposure was broken.... it was finally fixed in the last update. It is possible the two problems are related as its pretty much the same touch on the screen that triggers them. The length of time I hold the screen is the only difference between exposing for a subject and locking exposure on the same spot.

Thanks.

I haven't updated the app recently so that's probably why I haven't seen it for a while.

Hi MA2 317, and thank you!

I tried exactly the same and it works perfectly for photos, but it doesn’t for videos.

Did you managed to make it work for videos too?

Use manual mode (or PRO mode) to set the exposure and it will stay the same. Automatic by it's very definition means the machine is adapting the exposure to the lighting conditions.

Reactions: Bransty and geekone
Use manual mode (or PRO mode) to set the exposure and it will stay the same. Automatic by it's very definition means the machine is adapting the exposure to the lighting conditions.
That'll do the trick, I guess.

Still is a pity being forced tu use manual mode, AE lock was very useful on previous DJI Apps and it's a mandatory feature when shooting videos

Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs