DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video and Stills unreadable

OK . . . So I'm a newbie and I've been flying my new replacement Mini from my backyard. After the first Mini would not connect to my phone, I was able to get the replacement one to work and have made several flights, albeit, I do often get several Controller disconnects and have to fly the drone home using the Fly Home mode. I've captured successfully, several videos but tonight, something weird happened. I decided to take the drone straight up about a 100 feet or so to capture the sunset and I thought, I would also try to capture some photos along with shooting video; up to this point, I've only done video.

So I took the drone off in video mode, hitting the red left button on the controller and observed the counter, so I was filming successfully. Then, several times throughout the video, I hit the right Photo button, assuming I was successfully capturing still photos, in the midst of also continuing shooting video.

But . . . when I pulled the card from the drone and inserted it into my netbook, the Icon looked totally different from what I would normally see. When I clicked on it, I got an unreadable error message, which was disappointing to say the least. The card had only one 5 minute video previously stored on it, so it was practically empty. Any ideas ???

View attachment 116345
I think that on most drone you need to stop one mode to film in the other mode. So, if you are doing video, you must stop it, then start the still picture. Vice versa.

In this post the file isn't playable becuase the file type is unsupported. You need to convert the as supported format or For corrupted video files and unreadable files easily fix by video repair tool such as Grau, Stellar Video Repair tool.
The drone doesn't create unsupported files. It creates .mov or .mp4 files. If it saves it as anything else then it's corrupt. The file was corrupt because the video wasn't ended/closed/finalized properly and needs to be ended/closed/finalized. The method (that I've been using over 4-5 years) that I suggested fixed the OP's problem. That fix was suggested by Autel to the XSP users about 4-5 years ago but it works on all drones I've tried and many others that I've seen try it. No need for 3rd party software to fix it. ;)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots