DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video and stills

Leonardo

Reactions
Quick question my fellow mavic experts.

I was wondering if the DJI mavic had an option to record video and take pictures on a timer simultaneously (i.e take pictures every 5 seconds). This is a very useful feature that the gopro has. Still waiting to get my mavic delivered!

Still waiting to get my mavic delivered!

And there is the answer to your question. Still waiting even on the official production manual, rather that the VERY rough draft that has been circulating. And no, havent seen anything mention it taking stills while videoing.

I was wondering if the DJI mavic had an option to record video and take pictures on a timer simultaneously (i.e take pictures every 5 seconds). This is a very useful feature that the gopro has. Still waiting to get my mavic delivered!

With a good video editor you can choose a frame for a photo, if that's not available on the Mavic. That´s my guess as I have a Lumix 4K and all the video I record I can take stills out of it in 4K and it works for sure.

I was wondering if the DJI mavic had an option to record video and take pictures on a timer simultaneously (i.e take pictures every 5 seconds).
It's not possible to take photos while recording video.

Thanks for the replies, I don't know if you have ever used that feature on the gopro but it is very useful. I get to record everything and have some pretty amazing pictures at the same time without having to worry about clicking.

FWIW you can pull fairly decent frames if recording in 4K. No RAW, but I've gotten good enough results from this to use online without much hesitation

The sensor/chip that DJI used from the Phantom 3 series was designed to be capable of taking a photo while simultaneously recording video (it is the same chip used in the GoPro) but DJI never added that functionality despite many requests.
However the way it's done on the GoPro is simply by getting a frame grab from the video source so it's not true photo mode.

No..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N