DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video breaking up

Hiflyer808

Reactions
Fresh batteries, latest firmware, android version of dji go app, ive been experiencing the video breaking up. Mostly during quickshots it seems. I havent had this problem before. I havent yet checked if the video on the card also breaks up, this is the video that i see on the phone, during and after. Lets see if i can attach a sample from my phone's gallery..
No, says it's too large. I will try again later, any help appreciated.

Reactions: MavicCF
Following up, the breaking up is not only during quickshots, and its mostly in the bottom half. The footage on the card is clean. What is the size limit for uploading to this forum?

Following up, the breaking up is not only during quickshots, and its mostly in the bottom half. The footage on the card is clean. What is the size limit for uploading to this forum?
It's usually caused by your device not having enough power to handle the stupidly bloated DJI GO app. What device are you using?

I have seen several posts reporting video lag. I have several flights with the latest firmware without problem. One user suggested clearing the app cache. Might be worth a try. I use a Samsung S9+.

Thanks for the replies, looks like I've changed some setting on this forum and so I'm not getting notified when replies come in.. I'm using a recent generation samsung phone which wasn't giving me issues before. Now I've used assistant 2 to update the mavic's firmware, and then when i went to fly it it said i needed another update, so I did that through the dji go app. That used up the battery so i couldn't try flying. I'll try tomorrow and report back. Yes, the video looks kind of like what was shown on one of the the replies.

Here is a screen shot of a helix quickshot video of a surfer, who is in the broken up area.Screenshot_20180619-160553.png

Here is a screen shot of a helix quickshot video of a surfer, who is in the broken up area.View attachment 40425
Bummer, I had similar problems before I switched to an IPhone. It does look like the app update is what messed it up. I guess the age old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is fitting. You could also try downgrading the app to the previous version.

I just got my DJI care refresh back and I'm having the same issues with video transmission I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge.View attachment 40657
Hah, I thought the picture wasn't loading there for a minute;).
Unfortunately, this seems to be a fairly common problem with Androids, you could try clearing the cache, closing all other apps, and running it in Airplane mode, but that's not guaranteed to fix it.
If none of that does work, you may want to try to roll back the app version (or at least delete and re-install the current one).

Hi, finally got to test it again today. Still the same video breaking up issue. I will try in airplane mode and with reinstalled app, but if that fails, how do i revert to older firmware?

Ok i reinstalled dji go4 and video feed clean again. I hope the pro 2 will have less buggy firmware, because if the rumored specs are true it sounds awesome (unless it is much larger). I was very tempted by the Air but glad I waited.

Ok i reinstalled dji go4 and video feed clean again. I hope the pro 2 will have less buggy firmware, because if the rumored specs are true it sounds awesome (unless it is much larger). I was very tempted by the Air but glad I waited.

i wouldnt be so quick to blame the software/firmware. You just said you reinstalled the app it went away. Its the SAME APP that every one else is getting, you have the same phone as others with that model. If it was a software problem, EVERYONE would have problems.
Its simple, if 20 people are using the same hardware and software and 5 cant get it to work, its the HARDWARE or the USER. Goes for ANY model device on any OS.

I dont know about that, buggy software/firmware can be pretty inconsistent in who it has an effect on and how. One thing that is consistent is a lot of people complsining about having issues with the app, especially after upgrading firmware. That suggests bugginess rather than user error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000