DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Captions won't turn off

careless

Reactions
When playing back my video it show's the telemetry caption on my screen, I'm sure it's a camera setting but if I turn it off it turns back on

The caption / metadata information displayed from the computer is probably generated from the application you're playing the files from. For instance, the VLC player shows this caption info, depending on the configuration. It's probably not a camera setting. Try another player.

Chris

Reactions: Thomas B
The caption / metadata information displayed from the computer is probably generated from the application you're playing the files from. For instance, the VLC player shows this caption info, depending on the configuration. It's probably not a camera setting. Try another player.

Chris
I have tried my Crystal Sky 2 TV's and my computer and still happens only difference is the CS flashes it across the bottom

When playing back my video it show's the telemetry caption on my screen, I'm sure it's a camera setting but if I turn it off it turns back on

The caption data is enabled in the Camera Settings: Video Caption (on or off).

The caption data should be stored in a separate .SRT file in the same folder as video file on the SD card. However there appears to be a few alleged cases where caption data is embedded in the video file when recording with the MOV container.

Can you confirm if you are using H.264 or H.265?

Is it just altitude data, camera settings etc being displayed or does it have GPS data too?

Which specific version of Go 4 App?

Last edited:
Might not be the same problem but I had the telemetry showing on my smart TV, (LG 65").
Cured my problem by switching off subtitles info on TV when playing back.

You find the video caption under the camera settings menu in GO4 ... turn it off & no .SRT file will be created in parallel to the MP4 video. Also possible to delete the separate .SRT file later from the storage ...

1614760803036.png

... Which specific version of Go Fly?

The GO4 app is used with Mavic 2's ...

Reactions: Thomas B
You find the video caption under the camera settings menu in GO4 ... turn it off & no .SRT file will be created in parallel to the MP4 video. Also possible to delete the separate .SRT file later from the storage ...

View attachment 124976

The GO4 app is used with Mavic 2's ...

Doh! Can’t believe I did that - even had the app open at the time!! Thanks Slup.

If the .srt file is in the same folder as the video file, it will play with the video.
If you don't want it just delete teh srt files and stop them being created in teh app settings.

Reactions: careless
So going by what your saying ( I think?) Your saying that when you do indeed turn off video caption toggle as outlined above. Your Go 4 App is turning this feature set back on by itself? Are you connected to aircraft and turning it off or are you turning it off in settings and then next time you do actually fly it is "Still on". It should hold that setting when aircraft and controller are connected (camera view). IF not I would try a clean install of the Go 4 App.

Reactions: careless
If the .srt file is in the same folder as the video file, it will play with the video.
If you don't want it just delete teh srt files and stop them being created in teh app settings.
Thank you Meta4 that's what I needed now the video looks much better

Thanks everyone for your reply's the videos are working great now and look much better without the captioning

Might not be the same problem but I had the telemetry showing on my smart TV, (LG 65").
Cured my problem by switching off subtitles info on TV when playing back.
Can I ask how this was done, I also have an LG but I'm missing something. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO