DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video cards

rugermdw

Reactions
Quick question from a new member. What mini Video card is available to give me the most recording time? Seems that I need more than 64 gb but, does that effect quality of the video?

Quick question from a new member. What mini Video card is available to give me the most recording time? Seems that I need more than 64 gb but, does that effect quality of the video?
micro SD cards go up very high in memory. You can even get a 1tb. The problem is you need a high speed card to record 4k without frame loss, and when you get too high memory capacity they get really expensive. I would look for something at least 100 MB/sec write speed and then go as high as your budget allows.
I have had great success with SanDisk extreme pro cards. I use 64 gig.
I would also recommend using several smaller cards as opposed to one big card. If anything goes wrong with the card, or if you lose your drone, you won't lose all your footage.

I have had great success with SanDisk extreme pro cards. I use 64 gig.
I would also recommend using several smaller cards as opposed to one big card. If anything goes wrong with the card, or if you lose your drone, you won't lose all your footage.

Thumbswayup I agree 100%. Using higher capacity SD cards might make a person lazy to offload footage. If something happens to your SD card or you lose it, your footage is lost as well. I make it a habit of Live streaming every time I fly, and record to SD card as well if it's something important.

Reactions: rugermdw
Thumbswayup I agree 100%. Using higher capacity SD cards might make a person lazy to offload footage. If something happens to your SD card or you lose it, your footage is lost as well. I make it a habit of Live streaming every time I fly, and record to SD card as well if it's something important.
I see your point about getting lazy with offloading and can see that happening with me very easily! LOL! I picked up a couple more 64's and a 128. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Former Member
There's also the gimbal reset issue which seems to be related to the size of the SD card. Anecdotally, I haven't seen a single gimbal reset since swapping out my 64gb card for a 32gb one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000