DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Corrupted by low battery precautions?

Bufface

Reactions
I was doing a hyperlapse and trying to push the battery and the length of the hyperlapse to its limit.

At 10% of the battery the screen came up with a critical low battery warning and was forced to land. The hyperlapse was auto terminated right at the end after about 98% of a 24 minute recording session.

Since the drone was very close by, I was still able to land safely with 8% of the battery remaining.

However, when I pulled my SD card out and put it in my laptop, the video won't play and I'm getting error messages.

It appears the auto landing and abrupt termination of the recording corrupted the video file as it was not saved properly.

Size of the file is about right...109mb for a 1080p hyperlapse, I just can't open it or play it. Videoplayer says its an "unsupported compression type."

Any thoughts on how to recover this?

I was doing a hyperlapse and trying to push the battery and the length of the hyperlapse to its limit.

At 10% of the battery the screen came up with a critical low battery warning and was forced to land. The hyperlapse was auto terminated right at the end after about 98% of a 24 minute recording session.

Since the drone was very close by, I was still able to land safely with 8% of the battery remaining.

However, when I pulled my SD card out and put it in my laptop, the video won't play and I'm getting error messages.

It appears the auto landing and abrupt termination of the recording corrupted the video file as it was not saved properly.

Size of the file is about right...109mb for a 1080p hyperlapse, I just can't open it or play it. Videoplayer says its an "unsupported compression type."

Any thoughts on how to recover this?

Were you able to open them before this happened. ?
and our you sure the size of the file is right for a 24 minutes seems a very small file size to me.

Last edited:
Try inserting a fresh battery and power up DJI Fly again to see whether the recording can complete itself

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
When you stop recording, it takes some time for the footage to complete writing to the file and properly close the file. Failure to,do this will create unreadable files.

It is quite easy to do. Landing with the camera running, and then shutting the drone off without first stopping the camera will do it every time.

It is quite easy to do. Landing with the camera running, and then shutting the drone off without first stopping the camera will do it every time.
Interestingly enough, as an observation, I have forgotten to stop the recording before powering off the drone a handful of times throughout the last few months but the video files didn't get corrupted.

I really thought the video would be corrupted because it didn't get a chance to close the video properly, but that wasn't the case.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi