DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video dilemma

Seageauxer

Reactions
On the same card I get perfect videos and then I get this message "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." I never know when nor why this happens. Have you ever experienced this error?

On the same card I get perfect videos and then I get this message "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." I never know when nor why this happens. Have you ever experienced this error?

Yes I did have this problem, 1 in every 5-10 clips would become corrupt. I contacted DJI and they told me to refresh the firmware with DJ Assistant. I thought to myself yeah sure like that will fix it, refreshed the firmware on both aircraft and controller and haven't had a corrupted video since.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I can't remember if it was the same exact message I was getting, but I had a similar issue which was caused by shutting off the drone or remote/app before the video had essentially finished writing to disk, or something. The solution was to simply turn the Mini back on for a minute to allow it to finish. Maybe it even only takes a few seconds. You don't have to fly it, just turn it on with the SD card in it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111