DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video dilemma

Seageauxer

Reactions
On the same card I get perfect videos and then I get this message "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." I never know when nor why this happens. Have you ever experienced this error?

On the same card I get perfect videos and then I get this message "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." I never know when nor why this happens. Have you ever experienced this error?

Yes I did have this problem, 1 in every 5-10 clips would become corrupt. I contacted DJI and they told me to refresh the firmware with DJ Assistant. I thought to myself yeah sure like that will fix it, refreshed the firmware on both aircraft and controller and haven't had a corrupted video since.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I can't remember if it was the same exact message I was getting, but I had a similar issue which was caused by shutting off the drone or remote/app before the video had essentially finished writing to disk, or something. The solution was to simply turn the Mini back on for a minute to allow it to finish. Maybe it even only takes a few seconds. You don't have to fly it, just turn it on with the SD card in it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead