DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Problems

terradriller

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I'm having difficulty editing the video from. I'm using MAGIX Fastcut for video editing and have had no problems with the video editing that I'm shooting with my old Mavic Pro 1. But whenever I try to import video from the M2P it will not allow it. It gives me a message along the lines that I don't have permission and then it tells me a serious program error has occured, I've tried 4K and 1080P and have the same results.
I never had this problem before with the old MP1.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Happy flying

Are you using the same SD card that you used in the MP1? When I hear an error concerning "permissions" the card is where I would start. Sometimes it's the silly lock on the micro SD card adapter

Can you screen capture the error message? I've never used your editing program, but I may be able to help.
I seriously doubt it's a problem with the MP2 itself...

Reading the issue as reported, your import procedure sounds unconventional.
Can you get the files to your computer and view (and import to the program) from there?
The M2P 10 bit files in H.265 do seem to be beyond the knowledge of older programs.
I wouldn't expect problems using the H.264 though.

I dont think that it's the card lock because I can copy the video on to the computer and it plays just fine. It's when I click on the video file and try to import it into the editing process that I have a problem.
I'm going to try using 264 color, I have it on 265.
Thanks guys for the imput

Reactions: RTKD
M2P uses H.265 10bit as its highest quality video and most free/cheap apps simply can't cope (it also takes a lot of computer power), so that's what is probably causing your problem. There is loads of information about that sort of thing here: www.dronevideoadvisor.com

Thanks for the input. I shot 2 videos in the older 264 format and no issues. I'm going to do some more to verify.
Funny thing if I had a 265 file in a folder nothing in that folder would work.

H.265 is a totally different format to H.264, even though they may both have the same file extension (.mp4 or .mov), so they may seem ok together, but your computer will throw a wobbly when it tries to deal with the 265. Most computers will require a proxy file to work with, so see if your NLE offers to transcode to a different format, then output back in the full resolution. Brand new, high-specced computers can cope with it, but it really is a heavyweight codec! If you can use proxies, that's your best bet, as you will still have the best possible quality on output.

Go into your Mavic and see what it is set as, because you can change it to 264 to see if that makes a difference, if it does, you have sorted your problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya