DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software

For a cheap, easy, quick, and basic (it has enough features to make good videos but it's very easy to use and does everything nice and quick) video editor, I use "Filmora" by "WonderShare"

Filmora.wondershare.com
Not free tho and when you export you will have the filmora watermark on the video. Davinci Resolve is the most capable out there and free with no watermarks on video. As long as u don't get I to motion blur and other advanced settings davinci can do it all.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Chipmunksky
I tried Davinci Resolve, but it was just too much to learn and I only needed about 1/2 of one percent of what it can do. Movavi is pretty simple and seems to meet all of my video editing needs with a very short learning curve.

I'm using cyberdirector and love it. Basic tools are all there with more advanced options buried in there too.

I paid less than £50 for it.

I have a couple of GoPro's too and it handles their footage as well.

I'm using cyberdirector and love it. Basic tools are all there with more advanced options buried in there too.

I've just bought that and Used it first time the other day. And it works on my not so powerful laptop as well which is a bonus

Did you get the screen recording app with it and all the others I paid 40 odd quid for it.

I am a convert of FInal Cut Pro X, just make sure you have an IMAC 5K to use it. It is flawless.

+1 on DaVinci Resolve Free. I've never done any footage editing so I've jumped in without any background. Yes it's a bit overwhelming but I've just edited my very first footage without any tutorials. Nothing special, just added some music and tried to adjust/cut the video to fit. It took me like 4 hours until midnight (still a bit tired :) ) but I was able to figure out the basics and found more and more possibilities onwards. Sure I have not touched colors but editing/cutting/syncing with the music wasn't too difficult and it shows a lot of future areas to discover. :)
I've only tried it in HD so no 4k was tested. Yet.

I edit all my videos on my iPad. I don’t use a desktop anymore. I use LumaFusion
Luma Fussion is very good video edit program for iOs platform , performing faster to edit and rendering 4K videos than my iMac with FCPX

After stumbling around and trying several different programs, I finally settled on Resolve 15 Beta (Free). It seems to offer the most for the least, and while the initial learning curve is steep, it all starts to fall into place and make sense. There are plenty of online tutorials to help too. Below is a video that I cobbled together from videos that I shot from this past weekend. I've NOT gotten into color grading yet, but focused on editing clips, then putting them into a sequence that I like. -Still working on transitions that I like, and drone settings that remove the "jerkiness" (-I just tamed the gimbal settings, and now working on my panning smoothness). It's a process, both in the editing software and flying abilities/settings. This clip is maybe my 4th or 5th video, so I'm definitely a newbie.

Amazon Drive

Each video has been an improvement over the last, as I learn by trial-and-error. In this one, the additive dissolve isn't as pleasing as the cross-dissolve. I must also work on not capturing so many "roofs". Perhaps flying lower will help. I must also discover my best left/right settings. the 2 x frame rate is difficult with a Mavic Pro, even with ND filters. I've lowered my 4k setting to the one that allows 30 fps, and may even drop down to where I can shoot at 60 fps. -Jury's out on that one yet. I desperately miss f-stops. Perhaps the answer here is the Mavic Pro 2, but I'm sure the price will be breath-taking.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. BTW, how do you set up a YouTube channel? Is there a cost involved?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu