DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editor

Based on recommendations on some tutorials, I opted for Power Director and decided to take the yearly subscription which gives you full access to tons of copyright free music, photos and videos. And sny updates. There are masses of tutorials and I am loving it. After years of crashes with Corel Studio Pro video editing software, its such a joy that gets one that works.

Reactions: Droniac
Also, to get a good export, the file sizes became enormous (in Davinci).
That's pilot error, not a problem with Davinci. When rendering, set the output bitrate to 100kbps to match your drone's original video bit rate. This will create much smaller edited output files with identical clarity as the original video unedited.

Reactions: Barbara and Droniac
Using DaVinci Resolve myself.
BUT any of the video NLEs mentioned in the posts above have the tools to produce a good video.
The most important variable is the actual Editor him/herself.
A bad editor using a top of the pile NLE will most likely produce a bad video.
A good editor using a very simple basic NLE will probably produce a good video.
Regards
Douglas

if you decide to go with Davinci (which is free) you can edit and colour grade all in one tool. to make the colour work easier I created some DJI specific tools which I sell for a small amount of money on my website. my dji LUTs also work for Adobe Premiere / After Effects. Note that these are all technical transforms to bring it in a better suited colourspace for grading. The creativitiy stuff you can append from there ;) More tools are currently in development. (doing it as a side business so I can only work from time to time on it) https://salamifish.com/shop/

For video - Lumafusion app for iPad/iPhone editing. InShot app is ok if you like to add lots of stylising. iMovie is easy to use too. Da Vinci is good for more advanced stuff and Filmora = iMovie (with more bells and whistles, like BeatMatch) - but it’s a massive resource hog.

For images - Lightroom app on iPad/iPhone, free and easy to use. Aurora HDR for AEB, alongside Luminar for colour grading are a good combo to have for both PC and Mac.

Couple of edits here…

Aurora HDR AEB

Luminar Colour Grade

Would you please tell me wich editor do you recommend to use for my MA2 images? Thanks a lot!
Adobe Lightroom for the stills and, if you want to get serious, Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve for the video if you are willing to spend some time to get pro-quality results. The free version of the software should do all you need. The benefit (aside from the price) is that you can use the 10-bit D-Log or HLG codecs to pull a lot more detail and color information off the sensor. You really need to make a color-grading pass to bring that out. Ungraded, footage from the 10-bit codecs can look a bit washed-out on non-HDR displays. On the other hand, working in 10-bit can give you phenomenal color and luminance gradient quality.

Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector.
Very short learning curve, with powerful color grading tools.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique