DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed breaking up and aircraft disconnecting

HeavensAbove

Reactions
I sold my Mavic Pro and bought the M2P.

I’ve had three flights.

First was a trip about 1km out over open water, using Apple iPad Mini 2 (16GB) which had a couple of stuttery moments with the video freezing. No worse than when I had my Mavic Pro. I kind of expected it.

Second flight was again with Mini 2 but at only a few hundred yards away I had the video feed break up and then aircraft disconnected. Still was able to fly and return home. Put it down to the iPad being the issue. I also had the Goggles RE connected so put it down to this being a factor.

Tonight I used a Samsung Galaxy S9 (brand new), and minimal apps. With aircraft only 200 ft up and 100 ft out the video gets stuttery, pixelating, breaking up going black and white etc.

Unlikely these issues down to cabling as using a lightning cable to full size USB, and short USB-C cable to USB micro with the S9.

All apps and OS are latest revisions.

Anyone had similar issues, and can we build up a list of devices that are okay or have had issues?

I’ve got an iPhone 6 which I’ll have go with tomorrow. The iPad Pro 10.5 will need to wait until I get a mount (recommendations in UK welcome).

Any settings that may have an impact, let me know.

I’m hoping that firmware may resolve, and/or both devices I have tried are the problem.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Try a good quality USB cable using the bottom port to rule it out.
The supplied DJI ones are generally awful and side port does'nt work as well.

UPDATE

Today I did some more testing and think I have discovered what the problem is although not how to fix it!

I omitted to say I had been using the Goggles RE in the previous flights but thought I had discounted these being the issue as had switched them off and the problems continued. The same happened today using the iPhone 6. When the aircraft disconnects, the display on the RC briefly blanks then it reconnects. I turned off the Goggles and issue persisted. Brought the AC home. Powered all off and back on with exception of Goggles.

Took it for a flight ...zero issues.

Goggles RE definitely seems to be the issue. Saw a thread about it so hoping that it’s a firmware issue that is resolvable, if not they’ll be getting returned. Goggles already latest firmware but may try reset and firmware reinstall.

With a few niggles like precision RTH missing, missing flight modes and this (when sold as a pack) suggests that DJI have pushed through launching it - no doubt engineers have signed off on most things being fixable via firmware later, and the company taken a calculated risk. Most of the physical stuff removed like portrait (on M2P) and WiFi control I don’t have issue with.

I admit it, I rushed in after a I saw a few reviews, looked at the bullet points in the spec... 1” camera sensor, more sensors, faster, longer and paid no attention to what was missing. Assumption is the mother of all f ups I know, but when you have precision landing, why would you ditch it? I saw landing lights and thought, that means it’s still going to be precise in low light, consider me sold!

Anyway, kick away the soap box as I’m not going to diss any further - still a superior product to the competition. Just get the firmware stuff sorted!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I am having exact same issues as you at pretty much the same distances. Also powered down everything except for goggles and no issues.

Goggles are a waste of time at the moment, causing lots of problems when over 500m , personally they are dangerous now.

I sold my Mavic Pro and bought the M2P.

I’ve had three flights.

First was a trip about 1km out over open water, using Apple iPad Mini 2 (16GB) which had a couple of stuttery moments with the video freezing. No worse than when I had my Mavic Pro. I kind of expected it.

Second flight was again with Mini 2 but at only a few hundred yards away I had the video feed break up and then aircraft disconnected. Still was able to fly and return home. Put it down to the iPad being the issue. I also had the Goggles RE connected so put it down to this being a factor.

Tonight I used a Samsung Galaxy S9 (brand new), and minimal apps. With aircraft only 200 ft up and 100 ft out the video gets stuttery, pixelating, breaking up going black and white etc.

Unlikely these issues down to cabling as using a lightning cable to full size USB, and short USB-C cable to USB micro with the S9.

All apps and OS are latest revisions.

Anyone had similar issues, and can we build up a list of devices that are okay or have had issues?

I’ve got an iPhone 6 which I’ll have go with tomorrow. The iPad Pro 10.5 will need to wait until I get a mount (recommendations in UK welcome).

Any settings that may have an impact, let me know.

I’m hoping that firmware may resolve, and/or both devices I have tried are the problem.
Try....... a new Apple cable if using the USB route..... solved my problem

Already tried that, makes no difference to the CPU max issue.
Hook it to iTunes and do a complete restore. Then reload djigo 4 and any important apps Make sure you have the latest IOS version.

You have been discounting the cables. This is the problem 90% of the time.
OFTEN, an alcohol swab in the ipad/iphone connector, and a brand new quality cord fixes this issue. Unless you just want a new device. That is all that's left if you have truly done everything suggested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe