DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Feed to Samsung Galaxy S7 is "Shaky. Garbled, Blurry, Terrible.

Snort 01

Reactions
The feed from the RC to my Samsung Galaxy S7 is horrible but the results on my micro disc is a perfect video. I have already switched to a USB cord to the bottom attachment..No change. I have already cleared the Video cache and even turned it off and no change.
My next move might be to call DJI Support...Any Suggestions...I am wide open...

At least I'm not alone. Everything worked fine till everything updated. Now kuput !

There are several threads on this subject, it seems the latest android release of the software is the problem.
Search the forum a bit to figure out how to go back a software version.

Reactions: Odom1957
I had the same issue on mine. I rolled back to ".16" version and all is well now.

Well...DJI LOVES idiot phones if that helps. The new version stuff always works on them! Lol

Uninstall your go4 app. Reinstall the previous .16 version.....and fixed. Make sure your automatic app updating is turned off!!!! Or your phone will auto update the app and your problem will return. DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Thank you so much for this link!

I had no ability to downgrade my updates on my phones or in Google play. My drone was basically un-usable.

Video pixelated (half screen)
Slow reaction too input
Drifting and flying crooked
Magnetic interference errors.

All good now I went back to 4.2.14 from May, when I flew last with no problems. After uninstalling latest version. I used your link and was able to download it to my. ATT Samsung S7 edge, a pop up asking for my permission to download an app from unknown source opened..I gave it permission and viola. After I opened app and resigned in to DJI. She flys PREFECT AGAIN.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind it is DJIs app !

Good to know there is a solution. I bought it for my daughter's wedding which is in 2 weeks!!!

Only issue is, I'm not that swift with Andriod apps, especially how to downgrade. Could someone give me a step by step on how to down grade to the appropriate verison of the app?

It would be greatly appreciated.

I assume the "Don't Upgrade Setting" is in the app settings (and not a global setting for all apps on the phone -- I hope).

Thanks,
Daryl

Unfortunately, there is only a Global setting for app updates on the newest versions of android. You can find it in the Play Store under settings.

Also, to install an older version of the Go4 app, you need to first allow install of non play store programs. The easiest way to allow this is to find the .apk file, download, then try to install. A dialog box will pop up telling you to allow the install if you haven't already. It will say something to the effect of "allow unknown apps"

You must first uninstall the current app and turn off auto updates before installing the older version.

Good to know there is a solution. I bought it for my daughter's wedding which is in 2 weeks!!!

Only issue is, I'm not that swift with Andriod apps, especially how to downgrade. Could someone give me a step by step on how to down grade to the appropriate verison of the app?

It would be greatly appreciated.

I assume the "Don't Upgrade Setting" is in the app settings (and not a global setting for all apps on the phone -- I hope).

Thanks,
Daryl
what device are you using? A samsung phone?

Unfortunately, there is only a Global setting for app updates on the newest versions of android. You can find it in the Play Store under settings.

Also, to install an older version of the Go4 app, you need to first allow install of non play store programs. The easiest way to allow this is to find the .apk file, download, then try to install. A dialog box will pop up telling you to allow the install if you haven't already. It will say something to the effect of "allow unknown apps"

You must first uninstall the current app and turn off auto updates before installing the older version.
what device are you using? A samsung phone?

Yes. Sorry I should have said. It is an Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0. --Daryl

Thanks for the tips. I was successful at downgrading the dji go 4 app, and it solved the problem. As top notch as dji is with theire drones, I'm really surprised that they let this through, and that they haven't fixed it yet....
-Daryl

Thanks for the tips. I was successful at downgrading the dji go 4 app, and it solved the problem. As top notch as dji is with theire drones, I'm really surprised that they let this through, and that they haven't fixed it yet....
-Daryl
They only made it worse after 4.2.16

This has Zero to do with Android or Android updates. Many dozens of users with no updates, rooted tablets that ran fine for a long time have had this exact same issue. Those users are on Android 6, 7, as well. Same **** video feed with 4.2.20 and 4.2.21. DJI has known about this for months. They don't care. Samsung is a huge thorn in Apple's side and just beating them down in sales. Maybe 1 in a 1000 Samsung users are flying a DJI drone. They probably figured, screw that, make that 1 in 1000 buy a **** IOS product to fly with.

Seems DJI is beholden to Apple since their "arrangement"

If DJI cannot do a better job servicing a huge Android community of users, they will lose them to other companies. I hope Autel can kill it in the Android community.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000