DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video File isn't playable I need help.

Peter Kalasz

Reactions
Hi
I have a DJI MINI and I love it. I have more then 100 flights and lots of pleasant videos and pictures.
But the last 3 videos aren't playable from a memory card.
I did change the memory card and I did reinstall the Fly app. Only happening with the video file.
Here is the message what I get.
Can't play
This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.
0xc00d36c4
Thanks, Peter

Attachments

• DJI MINI VIDEO M.JPG
    DJI MINI VIDEO M.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 15
Did you power off the drone before stopping the recording in Fly app? If yes, put the card back into your drone and record a new short video clip. Stop recording in Fly app, then power off the drone. Try to view your files again.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Did you power off the drone before stopping the recording in Fly app? If yes, put the card back into your drone and record a new short video clip. Stop recording in Fly app, then power off the drone. Try to view your files again.
I've had this problem and the solution given by fGene is the answer. Worse than forgetting to stop the recording is forgetting to START the recording. It is easily overlooked and it is very difficult to see on the monitor screen whether the camera is or isn't recording. Like all the other skills that need to be learned in becoming a proficient drone pilot, I guess!

Is the OP likley to repair/recover all three videos?
I use this method myself, although I don't think I have recorded a "new short video clip", and it seems odd to me that the older two videos were not automatically repaired at the next switch on etc..

Thanks, today I will test it...

I've had this problem and the solution given by fGene is the answer. Worse than forgetting to stop the recording is forgetting to START the recording. It is easily overlooked and it is very difficult to see on the monitor screen whether the camera is or isn't recording. Like all the other skills that need to be learned in becoming a proficient drone pilot, I guess!

Thanks, today I will check it...

Hi
I have a DJI MINI and I love it. I have more then 100 flights and lots of pleasant videos and pictures.
But the last 3 videos aren't playable from a memory card.
I did change the memory card and I did reinstall the Fly app. Only happening with the video file.
Here is the message what I get.
Can't play
This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.
0xc00d36c4
Thanks, Peter

As with any digital camera, have you tried reformatting the SD card? I reformat mine every so,often. Of course you will loose all the files on the card and it starts up with the same original file names, so creates duplicate fies with different content.

As with any digital camera, have you tried reformatting the SD card? I reformat mine every so,often. Of course you will loose all the files on the card and it starts up with the same original file names, so creates duplicate fies with different content.

Thanks, Great idea...

I think I didn't... Thank you, now I have good recording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d