DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Video file won't open?

Then you are as wrong as the first three guesses were.
Thanks for being "helpful".
And how was I wrong? Never did get the response from the OP but I'd bet it was an unfinished file.... PM being sent to not keep hijacking this thread (that BOTH of us did).

OP did PM me and said that was the problem. He started then stopped a new video and it fixed it.

Despite the answers above, there is nothing wrong with the video files and you did nothing wrong and there's nothing you need to do to "fix" them.
That screen message tells you that the mp4 files you captured aren't compatible with Apple Quicktime.
To put that another way, Apple Quicktime is very limited in the file types it will work with and mp4 is not one that it understands.
Of course .. mp4 is probably the most common video format used, but Apple are on their own planet.

Get a different video player and use that and your files will play perfectly.
Try VLC Media Player for example.
Thank you, but all the other files played without trouble. For some reason it was just the last one I had problems with. I think it has been explained and rectified now.

Thank you for your response!

Reactions: Tufargon
Thank you, but all the other files played without trouble. For some reason it was just the last one I had problems with. I think it has been explained and rectified now.

Thank you for your response!
Glad it fixed it but sorry it wasn't the video you were hoping for.

Because there were three replies giving wrong information.
The 3 replies were correct.
Then you are as wrong as the first three guesses were.
Thanks for being "helpful".
All were correct and not guesses. As I had said earlier, it's a common occurance.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
And you know this how?
There's nothing in the thread above to suggest that.
The visible error message shows something else entirely.

If people are trying to be helpful, but giving give wrong advice, pointing that out is helpful to them and others reading the thread.
1: Because I fixed this tons of times for other people and for myself a few times. There was absolutely all signs to suggest that, including the error msg knowing that was the only file that was corrupt out of all of them.

2: You are absolutely correct and that's why I pointed out your solution was incorrect.

Last edited:
Hi, I am pretty new to all this so please be patient with me! Today I shot 5 videos with my new DJI Mini. I was excited to view what I had filmed and knew the last video I shot was going to be the best. However, when I got back to put the mini SD card in my MacBook Air, the last (best) video could not be opened ( please see picture below). Can anybody please advise me as to what happened/what I did wrong??

Thank you so much!
Mark

View attachment 144015

Only the last file was unplayable. This happens when the video is not ended properly (stop recording). Putting the card back in the drone and starting then ending another video fixes this. Very common issue with most all drones.
Thank you for your help!

I think its safe to say we have all been guilty of making sure our drone is landing safely. And in the process, have forgotten to stop the video from recording before we turn off the drone. We learn from out errors and pass it on.

Only the last file was unplayable. This happens when the video is not ended properly (stop recording). Putting the card back in the drone and starting then ending another video fixes this. Very common issue with most all drones.
This has happened to me and worked as well.

Reactions: Tufargon
Despite the answers above, there is nothing wrong with the video files and you did nothing wrong and there's nothing you need to do to "fix" them.
That screen message tells you that the mp4 files you captured aren't compatible with Apple Quicktime.
To put that another way, Apple Quicktime is very limited in the file types it will work with and mp4 is not one that it understands.
Of course .. mp4 is probably the most common video format used, but Apple are on their own planet.

Get a different video player and use that and your files will play perfectly.
Try VLC Media Player for example.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I open MP4 files on my Mac all the time without any problems. This error happens with MOV files too, so much for your theory. There is something about the way these files are encoded that isn't working with Quicktime. Shitting on Apple isn't helpful. Take your bias elsewhere.

If you really want Quicktime to play them, you need to record in a format that Quicktime recognises.
Switch the video format (in your camera settings) to .mov and it will work.
But VLC will play just about anything.
Note: I've never had a problem with Quicktime playing both .MOV or .MP4 files, I, however, do have a problem with files now being produced by my Mavic Mini 3 Pro which, after a firmware update, cannot be played by Quicktime (no matter which format) or previewed on my Mac by simply highlighting the file and pressing the Space bar. Also, the files all have a horrible purple cast on them, Movist Pro will play the files - badly. FXCP reads them just fine, but it is a pain in the proverbial that I cannot preview my files and decide which ones to include in my FXCP editing, I have to include all first and clear out the chaff afterwards - not ideal. I am in conversation with DJI about this.

Note: I've never had a problem with Quicktime playing both .MOV or .MP4 files, I, however, do have a problem with files now being produced by my Mavic Mini 3 Pro which, after a firmware update, cannot be played by Quicktime (no matter which format) or previewed on my Mac by simply highlighting the file and pressing the Space bar. Also, the files all have a horrible purple cast on them, Movist Pro will play the files - badly. FXCP reads them just fine, but it is a pain in the proverbial that I cannot preview my files and decide which ones to include in my FXCP editing, I have to include all first and clear out the chaff afterwards - not ideal. I am in conversation with DJI about this.
I am having the exact same issue with the mini 3 pro that arrived 2 days ago. VLC will play the files. FCPX will also read the file. It will be interesting to see what DJI has to say. It has nothing to do with stopping the video in my case.
BTW This thread has gone off the rails.

Well guys, thank you, I have learned something. That did work for me, but unfortunately the "great footage" was ten seconds on me carrying the Mini 2 back to my car. I guess I never pressed the record button after all.
Oh well, a lesson definitely learned...duh!!

Thank you all for your advise.
Mark
It happens!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom