DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Video file won't open?

Transition

Reactions
Hi, I am pretty new to all this so please be patient with me! Today I shot 5 videos with my new DJI Mini. I was excited to view what I had filmed and knew the last video I shot was going to be the best. However, when I got back to put the mini SD card in my MacBook Air, the last (best) video could not be opened ( please see picture below). Can anybody please advise me as to what happened/what I did wrong??

Thank you so much!
Mark

53C13A0C-5AB4-40FA-8272-F93C0AD0874D_4_5005_c.jpeg

I don't remember which bird (I have MP2, Air2, and Mini2) but I have had the last file recorded not openable and it seams that it is because I shut down the bird (power down) without turning off record. In my case I would guess the file was never properly closed.

Hi, I am pretty new to all this so please be patient with me! Today I shot 5 videos with my new DJI Mini. I was excited to view what I had filmed and knew the last video I shot was going to be the best. However, when I got back to put the mini SD card in my MacBook Air, the last (best) video could not be opened ( please see picture below). Can anybody please advise me as to what happened/what I did wrong??
Despite the answers above, there is nothing wrong with the video files and you did nothing wrong and there's nothing you need to do to "fix" them.
That screen message tells you that the mp4 files you captured aren't compatible with Apple Quicktime.
To put that another way, Apple Quicktime is very limited in the file types it will work with and mp4 is not one that it understands.
Of course .. mp4 is probably the most common video format used, but Apple are on their own planet.

Get a different video player and use that and your files will play perfectly.
Try VLC Media Player for example.

Last edited:
Despite the answers above, there is nothing wrong with the video files and you did nothing wrong and nothing you need to do to "fix" them.
That screen message tells you that the mp4 files you captured aren't compatible with Apple Quicktime.
To put that another way, Apple Quicktime is very limited in the file types it will work with and mp4 is not one that it understands.
Of course .. mp4 is probably the most common video format used, but Apple are on their own planet.

Get a different video player and use that and your files will play perfectly.
Try VLC Media Player for example.
Only the last file was unplayable. This happens when the video is not ended properly (stop recording). Putting the card back in the drone and starting then ending another video fixes this. Very common issue with most all drones.

Last edited:
Playback on Windows 11 was also a codec problem for me in the photos app, that you use for playing video. ;)

VLC woudl play when others wouldn't.

Playback on Windows 11 was also a codec problem for me in the photos app, that you use for playing video. ;)

VLC woudl play when others wouldn't.
If you really want Quicktime to play them, you need to record in a format that Quicktime recognises.
Switch the video format (in your camera settings) to .mov and it will work.
But VLC will play just about anything.

Well guys, thank you, I have learned something. That did work for me, but unfortunately the "great footage" was ten seconds on me carrying the Mini 2 back to my car. I guess I never pressed the record button after all.
Oh well, a lesson definitely learned...duh!!

Thank you all for your advise.
Mark
And how was it fixed?

Because there were three replies giving wrong information.
And yours was wrong too. Why even say they are wrong (one was on the right track too)? It's all people trying to help and you are belittling them and making them feel like not contributing anymore.

And yours was wrong too. Why even say they are wrong (one was on the right track too)? It's all people trying to help and you are belittling them and making them feel like not contributing anymore.
My answer wasn't wrong.
Although the others might have been trying to be helpful, they were misleading as they did not address the actual issue (and I can't see which you think was on the right track).

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
My answer wasn't wrong.
Although the others might have been trying to be helpful, they were misleading as they did not address the actual issue.
Your answer was wrong in this situation i'm sorry. The file was not ended properly and needed to be done so properly.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Also while they are trying to be helpful we should all respect that and not dismiss and deny them from trying to help. Saying "Despite the answers above" is disrespectful. JMO.

Your answer was wrong in this situation i'm sorry. The file was not ended properly and needed to be done so properly.
And you know this how?
There's nothing in the thread above to suggest that.
The visible error message shows something else entirely.
Also while they are trying to be helpful we should all respect that and not dismiss and deny them from trying to help. Saying "despite the other answers" is disrespectful. JMO.
That's just in your opinion .
I don't care if .
If people are trying to be helpful, but giving give wrong advice, pointing that out is helpful to them and others reading the thread.
And if you have a beef with what I wrote, don't hijack the thread even more .. just PM me.

And you know this how?
There's nothing in the thread above to suggest that.
The visible error message shows something else entirely.

That's just in your opinion .
I don't care if .
If people are trying to be helpful, but giving give wrong advice, pointing that out is helpful to them and others reading the thread.
And if you have a beef with what I wrote, don't hijack the thread even more .. just PM me.
Because I've done it many times and fixed probaby hundreds of peoples files this way.....

My opinion matters here as much as yours and as much as anyone elses. Just saying. At least I won't belittle others trying to help.

Be glad to talk to you in PM. Just didn't figure you would.
You've hijacked so many threads it's funny to accuse someone else of it lol.

Because I've done it many times and fixed probaby hundreds of peoples files this way.....

My opinion matters here as much as yours and as much as anyone elses. Just saying. At least I won't belittle others trying to help.

Be glad to talk to you in PM. Just didn't figure you would.
You've hijacked so many threads it's funny to accuse someone else of it lol.
Then you are as wrong as the first three guesses were.
Thanks for being "helpful".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv