DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video freeze when flying into the wind

Grant Leggett

Reactions
I am flying a Mavic Pro Platinum. Latest firmware, using the DJI controller and an Apple 7 plus phone also with the latest firmware. Frequently I have found that when flying into the wind, my video will freeze. I have full control of the drone through the controller and can manually fly or RTH. A shutdown and restart of the drone brings back full video linkage. A check of my flight records after a failure shows the gimbal doing a major wobble at the point/ or immediately after video signal loss. I have replaced my USB cable but does not seem to be the cause. Help!! I should also say, that when flying backwards, I don't lose video.

Very ODD!!!

Check for crud in your mobile device port ? Blow it out well with forced air. Reduce your transmission rate to 720p. Reformat your memory card. Let me know if one of these solves your issue.

I have the same problem. This occurs during strong winds as well as during fast movements. The picture returns only after landing and restarting the drone. This happens both during recording and when flying without a memory card. I use Iphone XR. I replaced the gimbal control wire, but the problem remained. I also noticed that this happens more often if you shoot 30 fps than 25 fps (PAL or NTSC).

I had the exact same thing happening so idid:

Check for crud in your mobile device port ? Blow it out well with forced air. Reduce your transmission rate to 720p. Tried a new USB cord. Reformatted SD card via DJI Go4 app.

One of the four or a combination worked for me.

I had the exact same thing happening so idid:

Check for crud in your mobile device port ? Blow it out well with forced air. Reduce your transmission rate to 720p. Tried a new USB cord. Reformatted SD card via DJI Go4 app.

One of the four or a combination worked for me.
I tried different phones, cables, memory cards and even another remote control. It did not give any result.

If the Mavic is flying at a severe angle to combat the wind it could be less than ideal to transmit the live feed.
If that is lost it's not so surprising a restart is needed to reconnect.

It's almost as if the camera restarted and its doing a camera recalibration at startup.

If you are recording while flying it stops the recording as well - hence the reason why the video can't be posted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000