DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Video has moving horizontal & vertical "bands" on buildings - Why?

I am seeing bands on skyline glass buildings which move horizontal on some while vertical on other buildings. Any idea what may be going on? Never noticed this before
I couldn't see what you were asking about but was it this?

I am seeing bands on skyline glass buildings which move horizontal on some while vertical on other buildings. Any idea what may be going on? Never noticed this before. Filmed with Mavic Pro 2 in d-log and then edited in Premiere Pro. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Couldn't see any problems in your video. Is it in the origional AC recording or the edited video?
I used to have problems filming weddings in Progressive, but changed back to interlaced and no problems.
Always with verticle stripes on shirts or corrugated iron fences when panning.
The AC is all Progressive recording.

Had another look at your video in HD and 480, all looks perfect in HD and just some slight bands in 480 for a few seconds.
Otherwise a great video.

Last edited:
I am seeing bands on skyline glass buildings which move horizontal on some while vertical on other buildings. Any idea what may be going on? Never noticed this before. Filmed with Mavic Pro 2 in d-log and then edited in Premiere Pro. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
I didn't see anything on that clip either? Are you talking onscreen view? If so turn off the over exposure warning (Zebra stripes) in your camera settings.

Reactions: earth3rd
I see only artifacts introduced by the transitions.

I could see some red bands on one building towards the right side of the cluster of taller buildings. My guess is that it was refraction of light from a largely glass fascia on that building. Just a guess.

Here is a close up of the bands I am talking about. You need to watch the video in 4K/full screen to see them.

Video Lines.jpg

Reactions: TommyP
Couldn't see any problems in your video. Is it in the origional AC recording or the edited video?
I used to have problems filming weddings in Progressive, but changed back to interlaced and no problems.
Always with verticle stripes on shirts or corrugated iron fences when panning.
The AC is all Progressive recording.

Had another look at your video in HD and 480, all looks perfect in HD and just some slight bands in 480 for a few seconds.
Otherwise a great video.
I can see the bands in both, original and edited video. They are more visible in the edited version. Posted a close up pic of the bands in a earlier reply above.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyP
You must have really great eyes or it is on your system.

I had mine cranked up and did not see it but some flashing on the right building.

Here is a close up of the bands I am talking about. You need to watch the video in 4K/full screen to see them.
Could see it on 4k video, but had to look close at it.
Never seen it before.
The bands in your photo look different than the ones I can see.

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2021-02-18_093236.png
    Opera Snapshot_2021-02-18_093236.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think it's probably artifacts due to the distortion caused by the masking technology used by the reptillians to camoflage their spaceships. Or not! ;o)

Yes, that's the bands I am talking about.

I found similar bands in some of my videos. Check out the garage roof on the right and the shed at the bottom right corner. This is from my Mini1.
I stripped the Mini down and found the faults were caused by bad earthing and poor plugs onto the boards.
Also the cable from the camera passing by the gimble motors was causing a different colour problem.
My latests recordings don't have any problems or colour distortions after the repairs.
Maybe completely different with the Pro 2 but worth a look.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Yes, Moiré, which happens because the buildings have a regular repeating pattern to their window frames, which almost but not quite aligns with the pattern of pixels in your camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake