DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video - I lost signal at 1350mtrs - then APP CRASHED -

Jbax

Reactions
This was just a tough day in the nerves.
The battery before this I pushed things a little far taking the Mavic to 6500 mtrs (video on the same channel)

So, after this I was a nervous wreck.
I headed somewhere safer and decided on a much smaller distance.

The terrain was the killer here, I had complete signal loss. Then the app crashed and Obhad no vision.
I lost signal at 1350 mtrs - video attached

Cool video, I liked the annotations. I think OA would have kicked in and moved you above the trees anyway, but still you were lucky that 60m RTH setting was enough! It's a sickening feeling when you lose connection and you're at the mercy of the technology alone to bring it home safe.

Another fine example of the Mavic doing what it should do when connection is lost :) another thing to point out here is when you start to see signal loss messages go to max height ... 120 meters as this may help with the signal issue.

Nice video.

Reactions: Merlin23
Another fine example of the Mavic doing what it should do when connection is lost :) another thing to point out here is when you start to see signal loss messages go to max height ... 120 meters as this may help with the signal issue.

Nice video.

Yes, agreed. The idea is to recover LOS from controller to Mavic. In your case that was the hills in the way, so raising altitude was your best hope.

It is hard to think straight though in a panic like that though.

Yes, agreed. The idea is to recover LOS from controller to Mavic. In your case that was the hills in the way, so raising altitude was your best hope.

It is hard to think straight though in a panic like that though.

Oh indeed it is :) the thing I do like about the Mavic is that if you have set your RTH to 60 meters but you are flying at say 100 meters it will RTH at 100 meters and then land.

very unnerving feeling when you lose connection.

It is but I have tested this more than a dozen times now ... after every FW update and also just to confirm it works as I expect it to. :)

Also another reason to learn the controls. It's easy to fly when u r looking at the aircraft or watching the screen in flight. How many times have u input a wrong command. Then say whoops right makes it go left when facing me. It's no big deal because u can see it went the wrong way. Or u want to gain altitude and it goes forward. Whoops wrong stick. Lol. We have all done it. Now u lose video and eye site at the same time. U don't want to have to stare at the RC and second guess yourself. I have spent many hours holding the RC in front of the TV at night practicing thumb memory. Lol. I also just like the feel of the RC but that would just be weird to tell the wife.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980