DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video is not smooth

Satchs02

Reactions
My videos used to be fine, but now they aren't smooth seems like they start and stop with streaks running through them. I don't do much with them just show them to friends straight from the sd card to computer. No editing or anything. Any suggestions?

You need to be a bit more clear on what you're doing. Are you transferring them to the computer or plugging in the SD card and playing them from it on the computer. It's always best to transfer to the pc THEN play them. If you never had a problem before you may have a virus and that's what's slowing down the pc. Or maybe you are using a different player than you used to?

What resolution are the videos being shot at and what are the limitations of the video replaying equipment that you are using? i.e. my stuff can not play video shot at 4k so I shoot in a lower resolution.
Also I have seen mention of some sort of encoding? whose name starts with an "H", it seems that certain versions of this encoding can not be played by some equipment.

I am plugging in the sd card and playing them from it on the computer
That's normal for it to lag or stutter playing directly from the SD like that. Transfer the files from the SD card to the PC and then play them. It should be fine. It might be time to format the SD card.

Last edited:
That's normal for it to lag or stutter playing directly from the SD like that. Transfer the files from the SD card to the PC and then play them. It should be fine. It might be time to format the SD card.
Especially an issue if you're shooting in H265 codec for a lot of computers. It's a codec that takes a lot of horsepower to view smoothly. Try converting with an application like Handbrake if that's the case.

You need to be a bit more clear on what you're doing. Are you transferring them to the computer or plugging in the SD card and playing them from it on the computer. It's always best to transfer to the pc THEN play them. If you never had a problem before you may have a virus and that's what's slowing down the pc. Or maybe you are using a different player than you used to?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4ok3u2zmo