DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video jerky

MavicSey

Reactions
hi, I have had my MavicPro for a year plus now.

Initially perfect, now video is jerky...my GoPro and iPhone continue to be perfect with videos and I have had them for years... what is making the Mavic do this? It is very odd as even a factory reset does not fix this nor does fiddling with so many settings and fps and resolution...

Please help anyone....

by the way, it is not my laptop spec cos my latest iPhone and GoPro play videos perfectly on it...super smooth...why is the Mavic Pro not able to play smooth video any more?

Hi I don’t understand what you mean about the
I didn't either, at first read - but I think he's referring to the mounting of the gimbal plate. You should make sure that it is seated properly under the little tabs that support it.

Firstly you need to determine wether the source video file is jerky or your playback equipment is struggling. Easiest way to achieve this is ask a friend* with a known good performing PC/Mac to test playback. If it's fine, then your Mavic is fine - troubleshoot your playback device. If it's not, then the SD card might be struggling to store data - troubleshoot by using lower resolution and fps video formats or replacing the card (min spec = U1 class). If the video remains jerky, then your Mavic is broke - contact DJI support.

* I also dare say members on here would help you with this is you upload an example file.

..Initially perfect, now video is jerky...
Has there been a recent Go 4 update? An automatic update caused my video to be completely useless so I had to roll it back. I turned off automatic updates and it has worked perfectly since.

Reactions: flockshot
hi, it seems to me it is a software issue.....can i factory reset the drone or how would i roll it back?

Has there been a recent Go 4 update? An automatic update caused my video to be completely useless so I had to roll it back. I turned off automatic updates and it has worked perfectly since.
I did update a few times to the latest software thinking it may be solved...I also bought a new fast 64GB SD card but still jerky...going to try to roll back the software now!

hi, i got the link to display, my Gimbal is fine...it did not pop out, thanks for notifying me of this possibility in future also!

hi, I have had my MavicPro for a year plus now.

Initially perfect, now video is jerky...my GoPro and iPhone continue to be perfect with videos and I have had them for years... what is making the Mavic do this? It is very odd as even a factory reset does not fix this nor does fiddling with so many settings and fps and resolution...

Please help anyone....
I also have had my pro since early Jan and I also am having trouble with jerky video, last time I tried 2.7 k 30fpm and still jerky. If I shoot in 4k it's really bad. Problem seems to be getting worse. I also am using a 64mb card from DJI (u10) and I have never upgraded the firmware. I'm kind of scared to.

hi, it seems to me it is a software issue.....can i factory reset the drone or how would i roll it back?
Note to all, I have fixed my problem, now the video is smooth...even on different resolutions...I changed to Smooth the setting from Normal or HD. that seems to have done it...

I also have had my pro since early Jan and I also am having trouble with jerky video, last time I tried 2.7 k 30fpm and still jerky. If I shoot in 4k it's really bad. Problem seems to be getting worse. I also am using a 64mb card from DJI (u10) and I have never upgraded the firmware. I'm kind of scared to.
I also added 'Cache during video shooting' in the General settings'

Note to all, I have fixed my problem, now the video is smooth...even on different resolutions...I changed to Smooth the setting from Normal or HD. that seems to have done it...
What do you mean

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi