DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Judder at 4K - Im kinda disappointed, am I doing it wrong?

I've shot countless clips at 24fps, I never see judder. If you purposely try to cause it by panning ridiculously fast, you can probably coax it out, but in the OP's samples he isn't panning very fast most of the time and it's still obvious. With 1/50 shutter speed, it will usually get blurry before it will stutter if you pan too fast. If your shutter speed is too fast, that's what makes footage look extremely jittery, especially with fast motion.

In this case I suspect it's the fact that most displays cannot properly playback 25fps, or YouTube - like I said before, I have uploaded videos that are 100% smooth everywhere except on YouTube.
Well I don’t know, the guy posted two videos to YouTube, one at 60 FPS one at 24, one has bad stutter the other doesn’t, which in a fast pan it’s to be expected. It’s rare to see an interesting drone video that was shot at 24 FPS. After a while straight flying high and away from objects with no turns gets boring to watch. Since the majority of us watch a drone video on a tablet there is no cinematic feel to the footage, so why produce it as though we watch it on a 70” big screen? Shooting at 24 limits options in post, try doing a 1080 digital pan on 5k video shot at 24fps, you want to see stutter, you’ll find it there.

So in the end, you explain to me why you shoot drone video at 24 when you know I’m going to watch it on YouTube on an iPad, what are you gaining and loosing when you do that? What’s the pros and cons?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan