DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video of my old car...

56_kruiser

Reactions
I haven't done too many videos that are worth showing. But I did do this one I'll share:

The close engine, trunk and interior shots are not from the drone, and it will be obvious.

A real cherry automobile -- engine looks super sharp and the paint job really sets it off nicely.
My otherwise humblely offered stylistic opinions:
1) in the beginning you have 3 superimposed views. The viewer does not have much time to see images underneath, and it is further tantalizing that they are videos and we cannot properly view them. Maybe delay the stacking for 5-10 seconds until each video has played,
2) At second 12 you begin the ocean shot. For my taste you hold that several seconds too long before you descend to the car; in my opinion, the viewer grows puzzled and uncertain as to what one should be looking at (until then, of course, the car comes into view),
3) Have you considered doing some pull shots, rather than only zooming in on the car?

Otherwise, a worthy subject for a video and overall nicely done. Have you considered having the video include shots of the car in different locations in which different background colors and overall contrast changes the mood around the car?
Overall a tantalizing project. Yeah!!

Last edited:
That is a clean motor! Love the color combo, reminds me of a Dreamcicle.
dreamcicle.jpg

I appreciate the input. Some good ideas. I'll add some replies in blue in your quote below.

A real cherry automobile -- engine looks super sharp and the paint job really sets it off nicely. Thanks.
My otherwise humblely offered stylistic opinions:
1) in the beginning you have 3 superimposed views. The viewer does not have much time to see images underneath, and it is further tantalizing that they are videos and we cannot properly view them. Maybe delay the stacking for 5-10 seconds until each video has played, Well, the 3 superimposed videos were to be just a tickler/intro, and then in fact are in the rest of the video. But given my intentions, I thought about taking them out altogether, but haven't.
2) At second 12 you begin the ocean shot. For my taste you hold that several seconds too long before you descend to the car; in my opinion, the viewer grows puzzled and uncertain as to what one should be looking at (until then, of course, the car comes into view), That is what I was shooting for, and that is why I thought I should probably pull the shots at the beginning. The music is maybe too low, and the effect I wanted maybe to subtle: but the music was supposed, at the beginning, to be suspenseful, or 'Jaws like'. Drama...what is coming?
3) Have you considered doing some pull shots, rather than only zooming in on the car?
Yes. I've thought of a few different things. This was shot very early in my learning curve...I had some shots that weren't good enough to use.

Otherwise, a worthy subject for a video and overall nicely done.

Have you considered having the video include shots of the car in different locations in which different background colors and overall contrast changes the mood around the car? I've thought of doing that but making separate videos. Otherwise, I'm not sure it would hold attention as long as the video would be.

I also have a '56 Convertible, and I did some shots of it, but haven't put together the shots yet. Actually, I took them before the '61. I need to get on it.

Overall a tantalizing project. Yeah!!

That is a clean motor! Love the color combo, reminds me of a Dreamcicle.
dreamcicle.jpg

Nice picture :). I've heard that a few times. Too long a name to use for license plate, so I ended up with the name Sherbet for the car.

Creative video and classic Impala very unusual color making it a very unique ride

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78