DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Quality Issues

cpmonster

Reactions
Hello,

I'm having some issues with video quality and was hoping someone could help me out. I transferred my SD card onto my Macbook (drag and drop) desktop and the videos looked clear and amazing. I then dragged them all onto my external hard drive (and deleted them from my Macbook) only to find that the videos are now very grainy and have significantly lost quality... Any help here?

Did you try copying the MP4 files back to the SSD in the Macbook and then open them? There's a chance that your external drive may not be fast enough to handle the bitrate.

Kilo,

Thanks for responding! I have tried dragging it back onto my computer and the quality is still crap... Seems like I may have made an irreversible mistake. The EHD is a brand new WD Passport 4 terabyte so it should handle anything I throw at it.

CP: Dang, I was hoping for better news.

Yep, the new drive sounds capable and I presume you were using the supplied cable for your MacBook? Do you have another known-working cable to try? I'd start with that. I think you can probably forget these initial files but for the time being, leave the originals from the SD card on your MacBook until you figure out what transfer issue is biting you.

Next, I would swap to a different memory card and re-test. Again, doubtful but, possible. It works, all sorts of others aren't having issues, so we know that, we just have to figure out what's wrong at your end.

BTW, it would be helpful to know what resolution, HQ/FOV (4K) 8/10-bit, H.264/H.265.

Keep us posted.

And "KB" works fine, "kilo" is just radio-talk for "K" :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy