DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video quality

also - i have found that uploading photos and videos from a mobile device to Facebook goes through a horrible compression algorithm. if you upload the same footage from a computer it is much better. (just my 2 cents - dont claim to be an expert)

Yeah any video uploaded to Facebook from a phone gets really compressed. YouTube too, the only way to upload full quality is to use a computer

Dont upload to fb period. Youtube's compression is tolerable but fb's compression is downright hideous. Use a desktop computer or laptop if you want the highest quality videos.

I shot some video this weekend for a retreat and when I used the GO 4 app to view the footage on the card, it was very grainy and pixely to the point that you could not make out the people. I had just bought a new SD card and the one I bought was a class 3
Sandisk MicroSDHC V30 32GB Extreme Pro, SDSQXXG-032G-GN6MA

Could the problem be my card? Do I need to stick with a class 10 card?

Dont upload to fb period. Youtube's compression is tolerable but fb's compression is downright hideous. Use a desktop computer or laptop if you want the highest quality videos.
^^ Exactly! You can post links to FB of your YT vids, but never upload directly to FB - worst compression ever.

I shot some video this weekend for a retreat and when I
used the GO 4 app to view the footage on the card, it was very grainy and pixely to the point that you could not make out the people. I had just bought a new SD card and the one I bought was a class 3
Sandisk MicroSDHC V30 32GB Extreme Pro, SDSQXXG-032G-GN6MA

Could the problem be my card? Do I need to stick with a class 10 card?

I replaced my micro SD card today with a class 10 card and got a much better quality video. The DJI website will tell you that other cards will work just fine in the Mavic, but I have learned that there is a big difference in quality between the class 10 cards and others used in the drone. Here is the link to the video using the new card -

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones