DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Question

Tony56

Reactions
Would like to know if there is a way or how to cut 1 or 2 minutes of video from the front of a video. It is not quite 5 minutes, but the DJI editor tells me it cannot be over 5 minutes and will not let me save it.
Thanks in advance...
Tony

I've never used the DJI editor (honestly didn't know it existed). I would recommend downloading a dedicated video editor, there are some good free options out there. Here's an article on the subject I found useful, it has reviews and links to the industry standards, as well as some good free editors.
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-video-editing-software-paid-and-free

Reactions: Tony56
Would like to know if there is a way or how to cut 1 or 2 minutes of video from the front of a video. It is not quite 5 minutes, but the DJI editor tells me it cannot be over 5 minutes and will not let me save it.
Thanks in advance...
Tony

I assume you are trying to do this directly on your phone/tablet. You cannot cut from a clip directly in DJI editor. So click bottom left to save locally to your device. Then use another editor like iMovie to shorten and then go back into DJI editor and select the shortened clip to do the automated editing.

I assume you are trying to do this directly on your phone/tablet. You cannot cut from a clip directly in DJI editor. So click bottom left to save locally to your device. Then use another editor like iMovie to shorten and then go back into DJI editor and select the shortened clip to do the automated editing.

Actually I am trying to do this on a Crystal Sky with the DJI Go4 App....
I never knew it could be done with the app...
But I'll give anything a shot...
Thanks...

Browse these suggestions HERE. I use an older version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio (v.11 IIRC). Get the editor that handles the format you're recording in, and works on your OS.

Buy once, cry once.

In my experience it's worth the time saved to get something good and just be done with it.

I will be posting a video shortly that for some reason my Mac Book Pro would not handle the 4k properly with Final Cut Pro X which i suspect was that it only had 2 Gigs of RAM and was choppy-- it is older Mac.Book Pro. If you have Windows 10 (Not my favorite) use Movie Maker handles 4k OK. Load video and in the edit video at the top select and find your starting edit point and select split. It will split your clip. Delete the clip to the left and you now have a new starting point. Do this for all clips. then save and render in the choices available. Got a few transitions but I only cut cut and fade transitions. Hope this helps. Now let find where I can post video first one with just movie maker!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54