DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video question

Shakey Jake

Reactions
New user. Mavic Pro fly more pack. I use a Samsung S 10+ and just the equipment/ cables supplied. When I shoot a video, on screen as i view it pixelated. And it's also pixelated in the saved file. I attached the video I saved to my youtube acct.

Kenosha harbor test vid

Thanks for your insights
Andy

Reactions: mereflyer
That's definitely odd. Is the uploaded video off of the SD Card, or the cached video saved on the phone? It almost looks like the cached video.

Well I do understand. My gallery has a DJI CACHE folder but then also a DJI Album that holds full photos. Then I have only one album DJI RECORD. That's where I got this video from. Should I pull video off the card directly. Is it "usual" to see pixelated on my screen as I'm flying and recording?

Pull it off of the card directly from the drone and take a look at it directly, and you should see better quality. Not saying you don't potentially have an issue...but that would be the first and easiest thing to remove from the equation.

Reactions: Shakey Jake
So a follow up. I use a S10+ for a monitor. As I explained on the video the pixelated screen as I fly makes it hard to view. If I click a photo, the screen clears and then starts pixelation again. I met with a friend who has 5 drones 4 of which are DJI. She has a commercial business built around drones. She saw my issue and checked setting, saw nothing unusual. We then hooked up her ipad mini 4 with nice cables and actually replicated the issue further adding mystery to her. Everything equal flys awesome takes awesome pictures except video. I purchased it thru Expodrone and I email their support. They replied with contact DJI directly which I did a bit ago. Tech said my S10+ isnt supported but he overlooked the fact we replicated the result on a ipad mini 4 by a experienced commercial drone pilot. So I will load up go fly 4 on my wifes s8 which is his suggestion and check camera settings. Then go online if problem persists and create a repair order. Drone is 3 months old..thank in advance for reading or advice.

What type of SD card are you using, maybe swap it with your friends. I don’t think that’s the issue, but just to rule it out. Then also maybe try going to the camera settings and hit “reset camera settings”

Reactions: Shakey Jake
What type of SD card are you using, maybe swap it with your friends. I don’t think that’s the issue, but just to rule it out. Then also maybe try going to the camera settings and hit “reset camera settings”
Well today although I had distortion on my phone and going to the copy of the video in my gallery I was able to pull my card and take that copy and had an amazing crystal clear video. I will go and reset camera setting back to factory and check that. Thanks for the continued help

Andy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead