DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video saving problem

I haven't had the need for editing in the past with small file sizes. What software are you using ?
Those screenshots are from the original Mavic 3
The Enterprise version has a different app and the video data is in the upper right of the screen.

You loose a lot of image quality reducing the resolution. Going from 60 FPS to 30 FPS does not loose nearly as much as much resolution reduction.

I don't shoot video.
But if you previously didn't have many 3.7GB file segments, you must have been shooting a lower resolution that 4K.
Yes .That was with my Mavic Pro Platinum as previously stated . It had a smaller battery and smaller range thus smaller file segments. Now I have more distance and more flight time so I was surprised to see it in segments. My flight display looks a lot different than yours . I do not have RES & FPS on mine.BTW THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP

Yes .That was with my Mavic Pro Platinum as previously stated . It had a smaller battery and smaller range thus smaller file segments.
That's not how it works.
If you were shooting 4K video with your old drone you would have run into this issue because 4K video files are big.
But the Platinum Pro has several different video resolutions that you could have used.
The higher the resolution, the bigger the file size.
Here's what the specs for that model show:
Video Recording Modes
C4K: 4096×2160 24p​
4K: 3840×2160 24/25/30p​
2.7K: 2720x1530 24/25/30p​
FHD: 1920×1080 24/25/30/48/50/60/96p​
HD: 1280×720 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p​
If you didn't see the issue with broken videos for long videos, you were shooting at one of the lower resolutions.
Now I have more distance and more flight time so I was surprised to see it in segments. My flight display looks a lot different than yours . I do not have RES & FPS on mine.BTW THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP
My previous post explains why my screenshot doesn't look like your app.

My flight display looks a lot different than yours .
Here's where to find the camera data on your app.
This is showing stills, but when you switch to video, it will have the video data.
i-RhNWWTp-L.jpg

Basically, the higher the resolution/frame rate, the less TIME in your limited file size. You may get 5 minutes at 5.1K and 8 minutes at 4K. That's because the file size for 5.1K video takes more storage space per minute than 4K. As mentioned before, any editing program will just let you add them together without so much as a frame dropped. Completely seamless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1