DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video scrambled on the RC screen

phildebougi

Reactions
I am using the V01.04.300 firmware on both the Mavic Pro and remote control as well and am experiencing continous scrambling of the video on screen connected to the RC ; specially on the lower half of the screeen. The video saved on the SD card is still very fine.
I have tried with no success:
  • to use several devices connected to the RC (Android smartphone or Android tablet,
  • fly in different locations with no telephonic antennas in yhe proximity,
  • both primary and secondary remote controller linking modes
Thank you for your help

I have tried with no success:
  • to use several devices connected to the RC (Android smartphone or Android tablet,
  • fly in different locations with no telephonic antennas in yhe proximity,
  • both primary and secondary remote controller linking modes
Thank you for your help

Have you tried:
  • swapping out your USB cable (most of the time this is the issue)
  • changing the USB cable to the slot/port underneath the RC instead of on the side (be sure to disconnect anything in the side port)
  • turning off all cellular functions of your device (airplane mode)
  • swapping out SD cards (even if it records correctly on the current one) and formatting the card via the DJI Go app

Reactions: jag32266 and ksmusa
Have you tried:
  • swapping out your USB cable (most of the time this is the issue)
  • changing the USB cable to the slot/port underneath the RC instead of on the side (be sure to disconnect anything in the side port)
  • turning off all cellular functions of your device (airplane mode)
  • swapping out SD cards (even if it records correctly on the current one) and formatting the card via the DJI Go app
I'm running into the same thing Phil is experiencing also. I have swapped out USB cables and use the USB port on the bottom of the controller. One thing I find that helps sometimes but not all the time is to re-link the controller to the Mavic.

-> lisadoc
I had already tried to swap the USB cable as well as changing the USB slot of the RC with no benefit.
After your post I have set my smartphone to the airplane mode, the result being that the video on my smartphone was perfect during the first minute of the fly after what it became scrambled as before. As of the benefit of changing/formatting my SD card, I shall try this parameter although it seems to me that its influence on the video displaid on the smartphone would be uneasy to explain.

-> Sman88
I shall re-link the controller to the Mavic and let you know the result.
I am also raising the question wether the scrambling is'nt generated by DJI when your are flying in a No Flight Zone as they had said in 2017

After your post I have set my smartphone to the airplane mode, the result being that the video on my smartphone was perfect during the first minute of the fly after what it became scrambled as before.

By "scrambled", do you mean "blocky"?

Have you seen this video?:

As of the benefit of changing/formatting my SD card, I shall try this parameter although it seems to me that its influence on the video displaid on the smartphone would be uneasy to explain

I know it sounds illogical but many people have had issues with video transmissions directly attributed to poor SD card performance. I'm guessing that it has to do with the need to focus processing power of their Mavic to SD card writing instead of video transmission to the RC.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Same issue andi wonder if it's a latency issue?? In my video you can see the delay in the image moving after some years inout...same with gimbal input. The video transmission signal shows strong and I'm in Regular Mode. I tried the suggestions in the above video.
I am using an LG G3 with no SD card so it writes straight to internal memory.
Mav was about 50 feet away.

Reactions: jag32266
Same issue andi wonder if it's a latency issue?? In my video you can see the delay in the image moving after some years inout...same with gimbal input. The video transmission signal shows strong and I'm in Regular Mode. I tried the suggestions in the above video.
I am using an LG G3 with no SD card so it writes straight to internal memory.
Mav was about 50 feet away.

Ha...well that video actually sucked...but if you are experiencing it you know what I mean.

I tried reformatting sdcard...both in the Mav, which is just a quick format .....didn't fix it.....and a full format in the laptop...that didn't fix it either.
Still stumped.

I am using an Extreme Plus Sandisk SD Card specially designed for UltraHD video recording; after I have re-formatted it I was quite satisfied since the video on the remote was perfect. But after a few minutes it started to be as scrambled as before. I have had the same misfortune with a standard Samsung SD card.
I wonder if this phenomenon is not related to the cache settings; mine are as follows:
  1. Cache locally when recording: disabled
  2. Record audio with video cache: disabled
  3. Cache to SD card disabled

-> Simmo
do you have the URL of the DJI compatible SD card?
Anyhow I was using the same SD cards at the time I did'nt had this problem.

I think the problem is you android device doesn't have enough processing power. Dji go 4 is a very demanding app. I notice my
Phones/tablets get very hot and then the video goes to mush

Re the device....I thought that might be the problem so I tried a newer LG G5 and same problem.
Next experiment will be to try it on WiFi only...eliminate the RC.
2 days ago a flew for about 15 mins as far as 400m away and 60m high with solid video stream. Landed changed batteries and the next flight was crap. So I thought maybe defective battery......btw...new Mavic with new batteries.
Yesterday I tried all my batteries and same problems.
Anyone having the same issue with an iPhone??
I'll be pissed if I have to go buy a used iPhone for this...however I did notice that some mission planning apps are only available on iPhone.. .grrrrrr

I am using the same Android Honr 5X and the same Archos tablet as when I did'nt had this problem and everything was working fine.
I finally wonder wether the problem is not DJI and the unceasing modification of their firmware. It remind me the 70's when Microsoft was publishing a new patch for Windows everyday to correct the patch they had published the day before!!

Reactions: jag32266
I want to try it at 720 instead of 1080....manual says I can change it in the app but I can't see where......Any idea??

I started experiencing this same issue today (on CrystalSky Ultra). It seems when I fly in certain spots the video feed scrambles and get pixelated and will even completely freeze up while looking pixelated. It starts from the bottom of the screen like OP said.

Footage is fine

While it happens the signals are at full bars which is weird. It just started happening today. I am going to try and get a video from my phone tomorrow when it happens.

How to fix the scrambled video on the RT screen

I don’t know if it will work for everybody but it did work for me :

1. Manually delete all the files in the DJI/ dji .go.v4 directory of the smartphone or tablet (activating the General Settings/ Clear Video Cache option does’nt delete all the files),

2. Uninstall/reinstall the DJI GO4 application,

3. Take off the Mavik Pro and start video recording until the video on the screen of the device connected to your Remote Command become scrambled,

4. Toggle from the Video mode to the Photo mode by mean of the icon on top of the Picture Settings Zone ( in the middle of the right side of the screen),

5. When the image on the screen becomes fine, toggle from the Photo mode to Video mode.

This process should solve the Scrambled Video issue for the rest of your life as it did for me.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I'm not sure what's causing this all of a sudden, but seems like an extraordinary number of folks are reporting this lately.

At first, I thought it was the DJI cable. I swapped to a high quality USB C cable to the center port, and for the next flight, all was great. However, by the time I was half way through my second battery, the pixelation was back, along with the disconnect warnings in and out, with the drone only a few hundred feet away.

I've been using a Moto Z Force phone, which prior to this week has worked flawlessly, so I'm just not quite getting it. I have reformatted the SD card, and next, will try the above that Phil suggested, but just seems strange that so many are reporting this suddenly?

Just checking, are you getting full HD signal even while this is happening? I am

Try cleaning unnecessary files and turn off caching to your device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS