DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video signal freezes

TassieJon

Reactions
Ive had my Mavic a couple of months but over the past week have had the issue of the video feed freezing randomly.
Ive tried it on my different IOS devices with the same results.
My Phantom 4 on the same devices and cables works fine.
It seems to happen moreso when the Mavic moves abruptly.
The Mavic, controller and software are all the latest versions

Come to think of it I think I have only had this problem since I updated the firmware.

Has any one any thoughts or the same issues?

Thanks in advance for your input

Is the video itself freezing when you review the original feed from the SD card or just the feed to your video device? If not, then it might the 'infamous' bad cable at play.

The feed from the SD freezes at the same point as on the screen.

Ive tried a brand new good quality cable
Tried rolling back the firmware
Done a gimbal recalibration

Seems that the video signal to the screen and the SD card if fine while the Mavic is motionless but when it moves, particularly when it moves abruptly the video signal freezes.

Has anyone else got further suggestions?

I also started noticing this the past two weeks. Most of the time it happens even before take-off, video won't connect at all or it connects but is all garbled. Killing the app and restarting the controller usually fixes the issue for me. I also tried another cable, but it didn't change much.

I've seen lots of threads about video issues on this forum start popping up lately, might this be a widespread bug?

Reactions: Tropdiver
I noticed some pauses and lag yesterday a few times on my video flying back. Was inly 800ft away and using mini4 with the newest firmware. Not sure what causes it. Do we need to enable the hardware decoding or is it enabled already from the start? I had full strength signals and ipad app is not set on streaming hd. Only lagged/paused for a seconds or so then came back.

Ive had my Mavic a couple of months but over the past week have had the issue of the video feed freezing randomly.
Ive tried it on my different IOS devices with the same results.
My Phantom 4 on the same devices and cables works fine.
It seems to happen moreso when the Mavic moves abruptly.
The Mavic, controller and software are all the latest versions

Come to think of it I think I have only had this problem since I updated the firmware.

Has any one any thoughts or the same issues?

Thanks in advance for your input
I've been experiencing similar issues ever since upgrading to .900. After about 9 or 10 minutes of flight, my video begins to lag and eventually freezes up all together. Happens whether the Mavic is at a close distance or not and video doesn't return to normal until rebooting the Mavic. All functions continue to operate normally including the map orientation which if it wasn't for that would probably have not found my way back. Recorded video isn't effected and plays without a hiccup so i know it's not the SD card. Any resolution on this yet?

I started having a problem yesterday totally out of the blue, while flying within visual range, my video suddenly froze in flight, it was showing me the same video, so I landed quickly, shut down and powered both craft and controller back up and now No video at all, just black screen, so I shut it down for an hour or so and powered back up and I had video for about a minute and then it goes black

After going through a troubleshooting session with online chat support people today, I've sent my Mavic Pro to DJI in California today for repair. They checked to make sure I had the latest versions of app and firmware, They had me reinstall firmware, delete the app and reinstall, try different cables, I told them I even tried another iOS device still with no change in behavior of no video coming from the drone.

So they created a repair ticket and emailed me a shipping label, packed it up, double boxed it and dropped it at the UPS store for the week trip to California from Florida by UPS ground service.

I'll post the results of their findings when I get them, hoping it's not too difficult a repair since I would like my Mavic and controller back and not some dinged up replacement.

After going through a troubleshooting session with online chat support people today, I've sent my Mavic Pro to DJI in California today for repair. They checked to make sure I had the latest versions of app and firmware, They had me reinstall firmware, delete the app and reinstall, try different cables, I told them I even tried another iOS device still with no change in behavior of no video coming from the drone.

So they created a repair ticket and emailed me a shipping label, packed it up, double boxed it and dropped it at the UPS store for the week trip to California from Florida by UPS ground service.

I'll post the results of their findings when I get them, hoping it's not too difficult a repair since I would like my Mavic and controller back and not some dinged up replacement.
Do all MP's in USA goto CA for repair?

Hey there,

any update on this?

I bought the mavic two weeks ago and I'm having the "video feed freezing" issue as well. Both the video feed on my iPhone X stops as well as the 4k recording to the SD card. I bought a "SanDisk 64GB Class10 U3" card which is capable to write 4k footage. I'm connecting the iPhone via an Anker lightning cable to the USB port on the bottom of the RC. I also switched off both wifi and bluetooth on my phone.

The RC works fine but I had to fly the drone back to me blindly - no fun at all. I
Both RC and Mavic have the latest firmware.

What can help here?

It still happens to me occasionally and is especially disconcerting while wearing goggles.
What I have found is that if I go into the video settings and reduce the resolution the video feed comes back.
Note that RTH still works fine

I see no one is talking about this anymore, hope someone sees this and can offer a fix. I've had my MP for about 2 weeks, the first 3 days it was amazing. Then the video started freezing up and not coming back until shutting off the Drone and rebooting it. I'm wondering if it was a firmware upgrade that caused it, or what? I normally use an Android phone, just today tried it on my IPhone, no change, still freezes video, all else seems to work.

It's hard to pinpoint an exact cause for this issue...

It happens much more frequently when I fly in Sweden compared to France.
In certain locations it seems to happen more frequently.
Sometimes I had the video disappear even though the drone was just a few meters away, with no obvious sources of interference nearby.

I recently switched to a new phone and did not have any problems since. Hopefully it will stay that way!

I started to experience these issues lately, randomly. Unrelated to distance (not more that couple of meters away, the most extreme distance was about 500m). It does not happen every flight, but i would say, every 4-5 flights. it is really annoying since i'm afraid of flying it beyond 200-300 meters.
I also do not see an update in the forum what is the problem and what is the resolution.

Any help is very appreciated!

Thank you all.

I am getting similar problems on my Phantom 4 Pro. Some months back I was flying and doing a pano shot. It froze up and wouldn't let me control it. I had to RTH and did so without problem. It happened again a week or so later in another location. I just went to Japan and was flying off a boat and experienced multiple instances of freeze ups. I thought it was a matter of writing to disk and it would return, but no such luck. The screen froze up and that was it. Luckily, an app restart brought it back, but this is not a good way to fly. The next day at a totally separate location in Japan I was having signal cut-outs. I have been using different cables, so I don't think it is a cable issue. Not sure what to think of it. I use an iPad mini(I believe the last one they made). Anyway, would love to know what is going on here.

I think that restarting the DJI4 app resumes the video (i tried it after landing the drone). So perhaps its not a drone issue rather app defect?

Is it safe to restart the app while the drone is in the air?

I see no one is talking about this anymore, hope someone sees this and can offer a fix. I've had my MP for about 2 weeks, the first 3 days it was amazing. Then the video started freezing up and not coming back until shutting off the Drone and rebooting it. I'm wondering if it was a firmware upgrade that caused it, or what? I normally use an Android phone, just today tried it on my IPhone, no change, still freezes video, all else seems to work.

You need to empty you video record cache in your dji go 4 app IMG_5081.JPG
When I did that It stopped my screen from freezing

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J