DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video skipping - help!

emdodd

Reactions
Just got a new Mavic air 2 and having issues with video skipping/lagging - see YouTube link for example . It happens intermittently—some videos are fine, others are skipping. It skips on the device and when downloaded to computer (and still an issue uploaded to YouTube). I’m new at this, but settings are 2.7K, 30 fps, .264 — any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Are you recording to an SD card? If so does it meet the minimum specs (class and bitrate)? The fact the issue presents on various devices and YouTube upload suggests it is a problem when recording (not limited to playback).

Reactions: dawgpilot
Yes, recording to SD card--I will check the specs. The strange thing is that skipping happens in about half the videos even though I have used the same SD card the whole time.

:)Welcome from California...I'm sure these guy's will come up with the answer to your problem.

Yes, recording to SD card--I will check the specs. The strange thing is that skipping happens in about half the videos even though I have used the same SD card the whole time.

A no cost option to confirm the SD card is the issue - you could try a few recordings to the MA2 internal storage rather than the SD card. If all is well then writing to the SD card would be the most likely issue.

Reactions: rando99
Thanks everyone! I took some more footage today with the same SD card and there is no skipping. I can't find any pattern to when it occurs?

Thanks everyone! I took some more footage today with the same SD card and there is no skipping. I can't find any pattern to when it occurs?
Check the frame rate used on the drone when recording vs the one you are using in post processing software.

Hi ! Im New Tom this too. I. Have the same issue, 1 Times per 5 videos. I use internal storage, no sd card yet. It also flash in my iPhone screen before lift off..

Attachments

• 87B41062-4A5B-4C8D-873A-B382E00501A7.jpeg
    87B41062-4A5B-4C8D-873A-B382E00501A7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
I had the same problem then tried opening files with different viewers. My Kodi viewer played the videos correctly. I believe it is a codec issue.

Just got a new Mavic air 2 and having issues with video skipping/lagging - see YouTube link for example . It happens intermittently—some videos are fine, others are skipping. It skips on the device and when downloaded to computer (and still an issue uploaded to YouTube). I’m new at this, but settings are 2.7K, 30 fps, .264 — any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Did you find what was wrong ? a have the same problem, and somes times its perfect... same recommended SD Card or from the drone internal memory, same thing...

Hi, I have the same issue. To make it simple. With no video card and just the internal storage, my footage is jerky and choppy. The internal storage should be able to handle whatever the camera throws at it without any excessive testing. I do not believe this is an iPhone issue as my DJI Mini 2 works perfectly in 4k using the DJI fly app and my iPhone X. Both the transmission image to and from the device (iPhone) and the actual recording (internal and 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro u3 v30 A2 170MB read/ 90MB write micro are jerky and choppy with cuts outs in all resolution and frame rates in both 264 and 265. As well as MOV and MP4 recordings were done in jpeg and raw files same problem. At the bottom of the footage has a pulse flash every few seconds. This drone has been used for about 2 hours max. I have tried all the options mentioned. This drone worked fine until all the pointless firmware updates DJI were installed. Is there any advice anyone has that doesn't involve standing on one foot and jumping in a circle and directly answers my question with actual fixes? The only thing I have not done is see if the Mini 2 controller works any better if I pair it up with the Mavic Air 2.

The simple answer is you have a bad drone, something is wrong with it...it certainly isn't the "pointless firmware updates" as few reports doesn't equal anything close to a firmware issue which is obvious. The firmware updates are fine as thousands aren't reporting the issue. You need to contact DJI or if you got it local, return for a replacement.

BTW DJI doesn't force updates, so DJI didn't install them. That my friend, was a choice you made. :) I highly doubt Firmware pushed the issue, it was going to happen sans Firmware or not, much like the above post with a intermittent issue of the same...Simply return/replace and be done with it.

Last edited:
The firmware updates also update some of the field programmable hardware in the aircraft including the vision processing. It’s possible this is the issue if the camera was working without issue previously.

If you can restore an earlier version of the firmware, check the camera working ok or not and then reapply the most recent update, it ‘may’ resolve the issue otherwise a return to DJI may be required.

I’ve spent many years with FPGA’s (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) in video processing hardware and it wasn’t uncommon to have a device that failed to program correctly first time around and quite a few that just failed or produced odd side effects.

I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have tried all the same fixes to try and resolve it but nothing works.

It is a very common problem with the Mavic Air 2 as with a simple search you will find many owners frantically trying every firmware and settings solution they can find with no success. The ones who have succeeded were fortunate to be under warranty and had their drones replaced. If you are out of warranty then you would be hard-pressed to find someone who can fix it. I haven't found anybody who has as yet. Only more users with the same problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow