DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video stopping and restarting

Fearless Flight

Reactions
I first thought it was the card I bought not being fast enough because when shooting video it seems like it can't write to the card fast enough and stops then skips forward then stops and skips forward continually . Bought a top notch card, but same thing. Then I thought it was my laptop not being fast enough so I watched the video at work and same thing.

Anyone have the same issues or maybe some settings that I might need to try. Never had this happen on my MP.

Try reformatting your card in the Mavic and try again.

Have you considered the computer at work also might not be fast enough? 4K video is very demanding on hardware.

Have you considered the computer at work also might not be fast enough? 4K video is very demanding on hardware.
It is, but its not too hard for the Mavics tiny processor. There arent many standard computers that can even playback 4K. Or televisions for that matter, unless purchased recently and the buyer didnt buy a cheap one.

It is, but its not too hard for the Mavics tiny processor. There arent many standard computers that can even playback 4K. Or televisions for that matter, unless purchased recently and the buyer didnt buy a cheap one.
It is amazing what a tiny SOC can do if it is optimised for a purpose.

I can't believe how good the current apple processors are. Most PC's should be embarrassed when you consider the IPAD can edit and render 4K in real time with no stuttering or choppiness. Its not like a high specc'd desktop when it comes to features but you can do a decent edit and reasonable colour grade with a good offering of tools, can even apply LUT's and work with keyframes.

The new Apple processors are quite impressive. Have you done anything with the apple pen? They look like they might be handy, but I havent picked one up yet.

The new Apple processors are quite impressive. Have you done anything with the apple pen? They look like they might be handy, but I havent picked one up yet.
Yes- the pen is very handy. I use it more than I ever imagined I might. I use it every day for marking up docs and drawings which I expected but you end up using it for everything.

If you haven't tried it consider checking out luma fusion for video editing. Its ridiculous how well it works. You can have three tracks of video and audio and it still flies. Lets you work from files on a wifi connected NAS also.

Yes- the pen is very handy. I use it more than I ever imagined I might. I use it every day for marking up docs and drawings which I expected but you end up using it for everything.

If you haven't tried it consider checking out luma fusion for video editing. Its ridiculous how well it works. You can have three tracks of video and audio and it still flies. Lets you work from files on a wifi connected NAS also.
Thanks! I was thinking I would like the new giant 12" pro anyway, might just get the pen too!

Try reformatting your card in the Mavic and try again.
I will try that again. I did it initially so who knows.
What codec is everyone using 264 or 265? I have been using 265.

At home I tried to view the videos on a MacBook Air with the below specs.
Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

I did try it on my Mac at work which should be plenty powerful and I had the same problems.

I will try that again. I did it initially so who knows.
What codec is everyone using 264 or 265? I have been using 265.

At home I tried to view the videos on a MacBook Air with the below specs.
Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

I did try it on my Mac at work which should be plenty powerful and I had the same problems.
You may run into problems with H.265. I ran into some issues similar editing with the free version of DaVinci Resolve 15, when I did it on my editing station with Resolve Studio (the paid version) all the issues went away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242