DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video "stutter" on screen/device then downloading question?

• Thread starter Deleted member 136962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 136962

Hi folks,

So tomorrow we will get over 10 degrees F here at the house.

That is kind of irrelevant but I am BRAND new to the flying/photo/video arena.

Since my VERY old PC is still struggling to turn on and cant use work stuff, has anyone seen when IN FLIGHT there may be dropped frames or stuttering video?

The reason I ask is that I do not want to spend the better part of a day setting up a nice video only to have it not look good when I try and look at it off of the MA2.

I hope that makes some sense.

So occasionally, I have had the video on the iPhone/iPad/ now the Zenpad...not look smooth. I "Believe" this has to do with transmission and no issues which is captured from the card. Since I haven't had the opportunity to offload the files to a PC I am not certain the videos have an issue.

The last video I took the time to see that was on the iPad just after a flight had ZERO stutter or strange issues.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I am in the process of upgrading my Z-248 and TRS80 computers to figure this out....LOL

Mike :)

what your seeing on your phone is the 1080 p video being sent back. If you are at a good range or have a reception issue that video may stutter or artifact some and its what your phone record if you have it set to. Your MA2 is recording on a SD card or the internal memory and wont suffer from any of those issues for that video just take it off the drone.
the only time i have seen video stutter coming straight off the drone is with a SD card that's to slow to keep up recording. make sure your using a U3 v2 or + one and you will be good there

what your seeing on your phone is the 1080 p video being sent back. If you are at a good range or have a reception issue that video may stutter or artifact some and its what your phone record if you have it set to. Your MA2 is recording on a SD card or the internal memory and wont suffer from any of those issues for that video just take it off the drone.
the only time i have seen video stutter coming straight off the drone is with a SD card that's to slow to keep up recording. make sure your using a U3 v2 or + one and you will be good there

Perfect! That is what I thought.

Will test the DL footage from the MA2 this week.

I figured it was that simple but wanted a confirmation!

You did just that!

My I jump in here. I am getting a stutter and using a U3 A2 SD card. Is that a problem?

My I jump in here. I am getting a stutter and using a U3 A2 SD card. Is that a problem?
That SD card should be good. Might be an issue with your PC especially if its a bit older.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
That SD card should be good. Might be an issue with your PC especially if its a bit older.
yah i use those, if its 4k video could be your computer... try downloading media player classic if it stutters there and your computer is maxed out then its that.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark

Nailed it! It is a transmission issue and not from the card. I suppose this could be due to interference and range. Since these flights I have done are from the house and the longest distance is about 1000’ distance, it seems to just be difference in how the display is seeing things.

I’m going to try the lower res on the display and see if the situation still happens.

Since the video captured on the card is fine it is simply a very minor issue with the video feed to the tablet.

At least that is what I think after the great info here

Thanks!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000