DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video timestamps off by 7 hours?

JethroXP

Reactions
Since the new firmware, the timestamps on my videos have been 7 hours earlier than photos taken on the same flight. So for example, flew today shortly before noon. Photo timestamp shows 11:46am, but video timestamp from same time shows 4:46am. Happened again on another flight later today. Anyone else seen this? Thoughts on how to fix that?

Mine is also off by 7 hrs. I got a Windows 10 update on the same day as the firmware so I wasn't sure which update was the problem, but as a workaround I changed the column in Windows File Explorer from "Date" to "Date Modified" and the right time shows ("Date Created" works, too).

Reactions: parkgt
Knowing by how many hours the timestamps are off is not useful without knowing the timezone in question. It may be that the video timestamp is not adjusting for timezone and is set on GMT, for example.
^^this
since you are exactly hours off, it suggests a time zone setting. If the minutes were off it would suggest a clock setting.

Mine is also off by 7 hrs. I got a Windows 10 update on the same day as the firmware so I wasn't sure which update was the problem, but as a workaround I changed the column in Windows File Explorer from "Date" to "Date Modified" and the right time shows ("Date Created" works, too).

Worked, thanks.

Reactions: Robert Granata
You guys are pretty smart ;-) I live on the west coast of the USA, which is UTC-7. Went for another flight this afternoon and see the same thing, timestamps on photos are accurate, but videos are defaulting to UTC. Thoughts on how to fix that? If everything was on UTC I can see that being a clock setting, but just the videos?

It appears Date Modified is local time, but the embedded time is something else.

Looking at the files, it isn't even GMT, but negative GMT offset.
For example, my last recording started at 3:10 PM EST today 11/4/2018 according to Date Modified. The Date (shown if I select Date as a field in the file list or Details tab of file Properties) shows 11/4/2018 10:10 AM. That's 5 hours BACK, not forward. GMT would be 5 hours ahead and therefore the Date stamp would be 8:10pm GMT

On the other hand, my last recording on 10/29/2018, before we went back to EST, the Date Modified is 6:56pm but the Date is 2:56pm which is 4 hours back. GMT would be 4 hours ahead during DT, not back. Therefore the date stamp woudl be 10:56pm GMT.

Honolulu would be 5 hours behind us, so current time in EST being 7:27pm is 2:27pm there.
They don't observe daylight savings time, so they would be 11 hours behind us last week, not 10.

I think GMT was intended, but someone got the sign wrong and may have also ignored adjusting the date when crossing from PM to AM.

I thought maybe it is China time. They are +8. If they were +12, that might explain it where the time would be shifted up 16 hours for EDT, and 17 hours for EST, but forgot to adjust the date accordingly.

I compared the Modified Date to the Date for all my MP4 files from the Zoom. Most are 4 or 5 hours behind, but some are matched. This was before and after the latest firmware upgrade.
I then looked at the MOV files from my P3. Same problem there, sort of.
File 0014 Date Modified 1/20/2017 4:44pm, Date has 1/20/2017 11:35am length 9 minutes, 21 seconds.
File 0272 Date Modified 4/1/2017 7:00pm, Date has 4/1/2017 2:41pm length 18:23

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0