DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Transmision useless

autarh

Reactions
Hi all,
i am new at forum ... today i just bought Mavic Pro ... and have a first problem .. after update of remote and Mavic... i have try to fly ... but the picture quality is terrible... it really is useless ...
What have i done wrong ?
Please see pictures...
i am using Samsung S5 ...

Attachments

• 2017-11-24 02.24.11.png
    2017-11-24 02.24.11.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2017-11-24-02-26-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-24-02-26-34.png
    2 MB · Views: 85
Hi all,
i am new at forum ... today i just bought Mavic Pro ... and have a first problem .. after update of remote and Mavic... i have try to fly ... but the picture quality is terrible... it really is useless ...
What have i done wrong ?
Please see pictures...
i am using Samsung S5 ...
I haven't flown my drone yet but I would say your iso is too high for a start, as for the picture it could be local interference from antennas etc

had the exact same problem with latest FW and latest DJI GO on my android phone. (LG G3 3GB ram Snapdragon 801). Never encountered this problem before. Solved it by uninstalling DJI Go from phone and reinstalling an old version of the App (4.0.6). Everything works ok... Maybe it is not the best solution but it works for me.

I will try uninstalling... Yes i just bought the drone and i did updated it yesterday to V01.04.0100
i will see what i can do !

I was wrong, using version 4.0.6 DJI Go on my phone along with the (almost) latest FW, 1.04.0000 prooved to be useless. Video and app had no lag whatsoever but I was limited to 30m height and 50m distance since the app is too old to run with this fw...

so back to 0 again... My Lg g3 3gb version with snapdragon 801 is not copping very well with the latest DJI Go versions. However, I managed to get rid of the lag a few minutes ago by doing the following steps (tried indoor)..,
  1. DJI go app v 4.1.10
  2. Developer options enabled, phone is not rooted
  3. Under developer options settings I have set
    1. Logger buffer size 256k
    2. Turned all animations to off (Transition, Animator, Window)
    3. Apps -> Dont keep activities
    4. Background process limit -> No backgound processes
  4. Downloaded Advanced Task Killer from google play.
  5. Disabled caching video to phone on dji go app
  6. So pre launch routine for android phone is the folliwing
    1. Airplane mode on
    2. Wi fi Off
    3. Kill all tasks via Advanced task killer
    4. Get rid of my phone's silicone cover to allow better cooling
Via the above I saw dramatic increase in live video quality. No weird pixels, no chops, nothing... I also tried playing with the app by changing camera settings, changed from auto focus to manual focus and back, took photos and video, kind of a stress test.. no problems occured

I will try tommorow outdoors. I really hope it works ok!

wrong again, could not wait for tommorow, tested it at night and outside. Same problems. Next step: Fw downgrade and old app... what a shame DJI...

i have visited DJI service center in serbia... They said it is ANDROID phone issue , my phone Samsung S5 is making that problem .. they put Iphone and it worked flawlessly ...
Issue do not occurs in WIFI mode .. only on RC mode.. try wifi mode
So it is not TaskKilller/Cash/AirplaneMOde... it is something else...

what a poor excuse by them... of course it is something else. Crappy code it is called and poor software.. wifi mode is not an option since you are limited to 80m of flying. I have my Mavic 8 months now and before update android worked OK. I am not using wifi and I will not move to iphone either. I will find a way... no problem

i would really like to find a way ... Iphone is not even a distance option for me personally ...

it sounds like one extra bloat item too many for the S5.
It is a recommended device and I use one has been good - but not updated anything since about February (you see why).
It is not acceptable to advise buying an Apple device. Crystalsky runs on Android their own dedicated monitor.
You might accept needing to ensure nothing else much is running by rebooting before connecting.

Obvious things are try another known good data cable in the bottom USB if not using that already.

In WiFi mode it runs fine, with bunch of application in background ... so it is not phone memori/cashe/speed issue... tomorrow i will try to fly it on wifi

The S5 is a pretty old model, and Samsung has done a horrible job on firmware updates for the S5. Forgetting about DJI Go, all apps on the S5 slowed down dramatically, the phone's GPS became unreliable and battery life significantly decreased after the Android 5.0 update. It was only slightly improved by the 6.01 update. I tried contacting Samsung technical support several times but it was a waste of time and effort.

I finally gave up and decided to get a new phone -- not a Samsung. Can't justify paying the prices these popular phones demand, particularly knowing the manufacturing cost is under $170 per unit. But even though my ZTE Axon otherwise works brilliantly, DJI Go still crashes.

I had the same issue with the DJI Go app. It was my first flight and I thought camera or RF transceiver was damaged. Tried another app (Litchi) and video feed turned out perfect. Now I understand the crappy rating of DJI Go in the play store...

The S5 is a pretty old model, and Samsung has done a horrible job on firmware updates for the S5. Forgetting about DJI Go, all apps on the S5 slowed down dramatically, the phone's GPS became unreliable and battery life significantly decreased after the Android 5.0 update. It was only slightly improved by the 6.01 update. I tried contacting Samsung technical support several times but it was a waste of time and effort.

I finally gave up and decided to get a new phone -- not a Samsung. Can't justify paying the prices these popular phones demand, particularly knowing the manufacturing cost is under $170 per unit. But even though my ZTE Axon otherwise works brilliantly, DJI Go still crashes.
I've seen posts that say DJI GO4 updates in the last couple of days have worked for the S5 and all is well.

FWIW, I had the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I upgraded my phone last weekend to a Galaxy S8+ and now the video is flawless even with the latest firmware and Go app.

Mike

I'm currently in the middle of doing a firmware update on my phone.
It was nice knowing you all ..... :p

Known android bug with DJI Go 4.1.18 (not firmware). It was fixed in an update 2 days ago.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone