DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video visible on SD card but nowhere else??

Keith2.2

Reactions
Hiya - I've has my MP for a few weeks now and done plenty of flying without issue. I'm in the arctic at the moment and have been doing a couple of min summmary video of each day.

When I got back to review the footage today, none of the videos appear in editor.

If I select the 'import' option and then SD Card. The videos appear there and can be viewed.

Further to this - I put the SD card into a MacBook; again the videos play back direct from the SD, but when I airdropped them to my phone a transfer took place but. O file to be found in my library and I also tried saving them the the hard drive and they transferred but vanished.

Any ideas?

The card is a 64gb sandisk extreme. Yesterday's videos are available (at least they were until I deleted the cache) and when I record one now it appears as normal in editor. Thanks in advance...

Do you have the cache video while flying turned on in the go4app?

I just did some faffing and I think cache was indeed full - is the video recoverable or is it stuck in this no-mans land?

If it's watchable surely it 'exists'? - I'd understand why it's not appearing on my phone if it's a 4k 3min recording, but not why it doesn't appear on the Mac.

Is there any way to restore a cached version, or to find a low res one?

Last edited:
Well it's on the card unless you deleted it from there... it's not clear where you can watch what, what you did and what's "disappeared" from where...

Ah sorry - I'll try to be clearer:

I cannot watch anything in the Editor

I CAN watch the videos if I select 'import > from SD card' - however all I can do then is delete or 'favourite'

I CAN watch the file if I select it directly from the SD card on the MacBook

If I try to send the file anywhere - it goes through the motions of sending, but never appears in the destination location?

Yep, sounds normal.
The videos imported from SD card unless they were shot in 1080p are too big quality for the app to edit.
If you send using airdrop it would end up in your phone gallery, NOT in the app. You may be able to edit using something else e.g. iMovie.

Basically the DJI app can work with the cache and nothing else. If you don't have the cache then you can't use it and have to edit another way. Best is to do so from the original card footage on your laptop.

Okay - I'll give that a go when I get home (the MacBook was borrowed for the task).

In the mean time - I think I'll reduce the quality to 1080p!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000