DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos Corrupted?

Kamau54

Reactions
When I shoot, saving to my card (photo attached of catd), and put the card in my Note 9 to save it, sometimes I get an error message saying the video cannot be played. The icon on the file shows a purple play button, while other playable files show an image of the video itself. Last night was the last time this happened, though for some reason the video now plays (1.2 gigs long).
I just shot another video a little while ago, and got the same error message saying it cannot be played (the video was shot at 1080p and 30 fps, mp4).
Is this normal for videos to take some time before they can be played?20200419_165945.jpg

When I shoot, saving to my card (photo attached of catd), and put the card in my Note 9 to save it, sometimes I get an error message saying the video cannot be played. The icon on the file shows a purple play button, while other playable files show an image of the video itself. Last night was the last time this happened, though for some reason the video now plays (1.2 gigs long).
I just shot another video a little while ago, and got the same error message saying it cannot be played (the video was shot at 1080p and 30 fps, mp4).
Is this normal for videos to take some time before they can be played?View attachment 99155

That can happen to all of us if whe don't turn off the recording before turning of the Drone, so what happens is that the file could't be finished and get corrupted.
Most of the times and only if you don't mess around with that file, you simple put the MicroSD back to the Drone and you turn it ON, wait for 1 minute turn it OFF and check your file again...he should be fine now...If don't try to look at this video and follow all steps and YOU WILL RECOVER YOUR FILES !!!

o_OThumbswayup

You do not need a new card. See the post above, I also learned the hard way that when landing, be sure you stopped the recording. When I put the card back on board and after flying it, my video that I thought was corrupt was OK. Lesson Learned.

Reactions: Kamau54
You do not need a new card. See the post above, I also learned the hard way that when landing, be sure you stopped the recording. When I put the card back on board and after flying it, my video that I thought was corrupt was OK. Lesson Learned.
That could be it because as I recall, the times I had problems I never stopped recording, but just powered down the drone.

That could be it because as I recall, the times I had problems I never stopped recording, but just powered down the drone.
Well, you could've said that, in that case it's a completely different thing. It's not the card (although Ultra is still mediocre).

Well, you could've said that, in that case it's a completely different thing. It's not the card (although Ultra is still mediocre).
I'm still learning about drones, as I just got my first one for Christmas. And living in Michigan means I haven't much time to fly them because of the weather. I just assumed it wasn't a big deal (like I said I just remember the fact I didn't stop recording).

Reactions: Dedal
It looks your SD card corrupted through virus or something you need to scan your SD card through authorized antivirus software. If you want to repair your corrupted videos, I would suggest you can try Stellar Repair for Video software which help to repair corrupt video such as mp4, mov, avi, mkv, etc. files with easy steps. Thanks!

It looks your SD card corrupted through virus or something you need to scan your SD card through authorized antivirus software. If you want to repair your corrupted videos, I would suggest you can try Stellar Repair for Video software which help to repair corrupt video such as mp4, mov, avi, mkv, etc. files with easy steps. Thanks!
Thanks for the info, but I discovered that I was not turning off the video before powering down the drone. That was causing the issue.

I had something similar happen to me, and now that I think about it I may not have stopped the video prior to powering down. I happened to leave that "corrupt" file on the card while shooting more footage later. I noticed when I got back to my pc and loaded the card in, the previous "corrupt" file was no longer corrupted.

I just had the same issue and resolved it as mentioned above by putting it back in the drone, powering on and waiting a minute. I did also do a small quick recording (which was also mentioned as a fix, but not sure if it was just the timing).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots