DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos went missing

JRPEREZ

Reactions
Hi I have a question , I just went to record some videos yesterday and when I went to check the app to look at the footage , I can’t find any of them at all . I don’t have the SIM card yet , but when I was recording , it shows that it was recording and I even press stop . Is there anything I can do to recover my videos ? Are they still in the drone system ?

You need an SD card to properly save your videos in full quality. There is a small amount of built in memory in the drone, but it's not big enough for more than a few minutes. It's possible they got saved to your phone though - look in the gallery section of the Fly app - if they're in there, you at least have the low res versions.

I had a similar, although not identical problem today. So I went out flying and I recorded some videos, but I cannot find them back. However, I actually do have an SD card in the drone. And it was not full. In fact, it's the first videos that I recorded that I cannot find back, but the later ones I can.

Also, when I go to my DJI Fly app, I see at least 1 more video that has been stored in cache in low resulotion, but it's not in full resolution on the SD card. Did anyone experience this before? And is there any way that I can look for these lost videos? Or at least the one that I see in low resolution in the DJI Fly app?

The few times I've "lost" videos that were supposed to be recorded (on the sd card of the drone) was when I've forgotten to stop the recording at the end of the flight. If you power off the drone without stopping the recording process, and giving it enough time to finalize the recording to disk, the video won't get saved, although sometimes the streamed version will get saved on your phone/controller.

I'm pretty sure that's not what happened in my case. Also because with one of the videos I shot the length is 2 minutes in the DJI Fly app, but on my SD card only the first 30 seconds of this video has been recorded..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J