DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Viewing internal memory

Traindriver

Reactions
I cannot view the pictures in the internal memory. Neither by importing while connected wirelessly through the controller, nor by plugging up to the back of my Mac. The drone “hard drive” shows up, but all the files within are empty. Someone had mentioned to go into the Photos app on the Mac, but I still can see nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I cannot view the pictures in the internal memory. Neither by importing while connected wirelessly through the controller, nor by plugging up to the back of my Mac. The drone “hard drive” shows up, but all the files within are empty. Someone had mentioned to go into the Photos app on the Mac, but I still can see nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you sure you changed the setting to write to the internal flash? I've plugged the drone into the Mac several times and see the internal flash, with photos/videos in the proper directory.

He did say he found files but they were 'empty'. I assume by that they were zero length?
Fat32 can easily corrupt. Perhaps run chkdsk against it? I would run it read-only mode first. If it finds chains with missing links, then data is there but the file header wasn't connected to it. Likely though the file table is updated on the fly rather than on file close. No reason not to, it is solid state.

It does sound like the internal storage got corrupted. Hopefully it is a soft corruption. You can try running chkdsk while connected to a PC, hopefully it can recover the files. If not, try formatting it from the Go app, or PC.
If neither works, then you may need to send to DJI
You could also try refreshing the firmware.

Reactions: Traindriver