DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Violent camera shake on braking

Johnny21

Reactions
Hi guys.This is my first flight with the Mavic.I'm also a P3P owner.
I was flying forward-full speed and left the right stick.This violent shake happened.Should I be more gentle with the sticks or is this a defective gimbal?Never had such a shake with my phantom
Video mark 2:46

Hi guys.This is my first flight with the Mavic.I'm also a P3P owner.
I was flying forward-full speed and left the right stick.This violent shake happened.Should I be more gentle with the sticks or is this a defective gimbal?Never had such a shake with my phantom
Video mark 2:46
Does the gimbal look ok? is it under the three tabs and maybe preform a calibration to see if everything is true.
Regards,
-d.

Did you ever get it figured out? I'm having the exact same issue now, plus sight jelloing. Doing a gimbal calibration almost every flight helps minimize the issue, but it never goes away completely.

So is this the answer so people know. It was a little vague, he adjusted the brake and fixed his issue I assume.
His quote...
"I looked at the app, and for some reason, my breaks were on 130%, so since I adjusted that, I've had no issues."

That was my claim from the main DJI forum.

Actually, that didn't help; it was just a coincidence: within a couple of flights, the gimbal began jerking again, and now will also drift downwards right after that happens. I posted a video to show how the gimbal jerks on the same thread. I doubt it's normal, because when I rebooted the drone, the gimbal didn't jerk upon hitting the aircraft body.

And if you don't understand what I posted, watch the video I posted right after that that demonstrates the issue.

Last edited:
hello, I realize this is older thread but wondering if you ever found a solution or had it serviced by dji. I just bought the mavic pro 2 zoom and it is doing same exact thing on braking when flying backwards. I've done all my calibrations, adjusted my sensitivity settings and tried flying in cinematic mode but it still persists. trying to decide if to accept this as a glitch or try to return/replace. $1300 just seems like too much $ to justify ignoring faults straight out of the box.

My MP does exactly the same. But with more violence. It did so from week 1. And now it.s 2 years old...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998