DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Shake

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi, I’m trying out my new Mavic 3 Pro and noticed the gimbal does a little shake when it’s pointed downward between 80 & 90 degrees. It only happen when the gimbal is pointing downward around the 90 degree mark and only in the first split second of forward movement. It does it in all 3 modes no matter how gentle or forceful you move the stick forward. Has anyone else had this issue or any recommendations to fix it. I have a video of what’s going on but can’t seem to figure out how to upload it.

Last edited:
Yes I've heard of this, just don't know where I heard it from. Have not yet experienced it tho.

Upload your video to youtube then post the YT link here.

@RAC DJI ,from what has been mentioned on this forum,and other sources ,it appears to be because of the quite large size of those 3 different cameras
as the drone moves there is a slight delay before the stepper motors in the gimbal correct the inertial force being applied to the camera and gimbal ,when the camera is pointing downwards,it creates a sort of pendulum effect ,and it can happen if the camera ,is being buffeted by the wind as well
you could try adjusting the gimbal settings in the app ,to see if you can reduce the movement ,but just make sure you make a note of the present settings before you start ,in case adjustment makes it worse ,then you can at least go back to what you have now

Reactions: Capt. Quirk
Yes I've heard of this, just don't know where I heard it from. Have not yet experienced it tho.

Upload your video to youtube then post the YT link here.
Thanks for the info about posting the video. I think it’s posted now.

@RAC DJI ,from what has been mentioned on this forum,and other sources ,it appears to be because of the quite large size of those 3 different cameras
as the drone moves there is a slight delay before the stepper motors in the gimbal correct the inertial force being applied to the camera and gimbal ,when the camera is pointing downwards,it creates a sort of pendulum effect ,and it can happen if the camera ,is being buffeted by the wind as well
you could try adjusting the gimbal settings in the app ,to see if you can reduce the movement ,but just make sure you make a note of the present settings before you start ,in case adjustment makes it worse ,then you can at least go back to what you have now
Hi, thanks for you reply. What setting are you referring to. BTW it was a calm day no wind. I’m wondering if everyone has this issue with the M3P or is it a warranty issue?

Reactions: old man mavic
@RAC DJI what settings have you got for the Expo ,and are you using Bypass for the OA setting,bypass for some reason ,on all the Drones that have it, makes any movements extremely twitchy, try it with the OA on stop, and indeed with it off ,and see if that helps at all , with the expo settings you want a flat start to the curve, to lesson the sensitivity of the response,the drone makes to the initial stick movement

@RAC DJI what settings have you got for the Expo ,and are you using Bypass for the OA setting,bypass for some reason ,on all the Drones that have it, makes any movements extremely twitchy, try it with the OA on stop, and indeed with it off ,and see if that helps at all , with the expo settings you want a flat start to the curve, to lesson the sensitivity of the response,the drone makes to the initial stick movement
Hi, I’m trying out my new Mavic 3 Pro and noticed the gimbal does a little shake when it’s pointed downward between 80 & 90 degrees. It only happen when the gimbal is pointing downward around the 90 degree mark and only in the first split second of forward movement. It does it in all 3 modes no matter how gentle or forceful you move the stick forward. Has anyone else had this issue or any recommendations to fix it. I have a video of what’s going on but can’t seem to figure out how to upload it.
That is pretty bad indeed. Is this occuring when bench testing too? I do not have Pro only M3 but if this is a problem with all M3Pro models I'd say that it can only be fixed by a future FW update. (PID tuning of gimbal motors controls). If it is an isolated incident of your drone only, you might need to send it in for repair/exchange.

Last edited:
That is pretty bad indeed. Is this occuring when bench testing too? I do not have Pro only M3 but if this is a problem with all M3Pro models I'd say that it can only be fixed by a future FW update. (PID tuning of gimbal motors controls). If it is an isolated incident of your drone only, you might need to send it in for repair/exchange.
Thanks for the input, I will try your suggestions by playing with the gain and expo settings and also the OA system. Currently my Cine mode is set for a very slow response to stick and gimbal wheel input and it was happening with a very gentle touch of the stick. I will try all your suggestions and post my findings.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I don't have that issue with my Mavic 3 Pro, works smooth for me. After trying the settings mentioned above and if that does not work, can you try a Gimbal Calibration.
Hi, thanks for the info but I think I found the problem. Yesterday I tried different filters and found no issues with the standard protective lens and my set of Freewell ND filters. When I applied the K&F CPL with the 3 rotating rings the gimbal shake returned. As was previously pointed out the lens is too heavy and causes the pendulum effect. I will be returning it to Amazon.

Hi, thanks for the info but I think I found the problem. Yesterday I tried different filters and found no issues with the standard protective lens and my set of Freewell ND filters. When I applied the K&F CPL with the 3 rotating rings the gimbal shake returned. As was previously pointed out the lens is too heavy and causes the pendulum effect. I will be returni
Good to hear.
You never mentioned not OEM( non genuine DJI) filters! Having incomplete information makes trying to help by remotely analyzing the problem so much more difficult. Glad you found the problem though.
Happy flying🙂

ng it to Amazon.

Reactions: Suren and GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N