DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission not looking at POI

graywoulf

Reactions
Hello! I have been learning to use the downloaded version of the Litchi Mission Hub and VLM. I finally got it working in Google Earth Pro and I can start the mission which has two POI in the mission. While watching the mission in GEP, everything looks good but the camera never faces the POIs I have set. I know I have the waypoints set correctly to focus on the POIs that are at ground level. I have the POI settings set a 2 feet AGL since I am observing a flat sports field area. The POIs used to work but just stopped for some reason. Does anybody know why? Thanks for any and all help with this.

While watching the mission in GEP, everything looks good but the camera never faces the POIs I have set.
Without seeing how your mission is configured there is no way to know and all we can do is guess. When you say "never faces", do you mean the heading is wrong or the gimbal pitch angle is wrong? In the mission settings, is your "Heading Mode" set to "Custom(WD)"?

To share your mission, use the Mission Hub and uncheck the "Private" checkbox for this mission, then paste the URL of that mission here.

Reactions: graywoulf
Hi DJ Wes and thank you for your reply and instructions. I hope I got this right so here goes...

Attachments

• Mission Hub Settings.JPG
    Mission Hub Settings.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi DJ Wes and thank you for your reply and instructions. I hope I got this right so here goes...

Your “Heading Mode” is set to “Auto (TNW)”. That will cause the drone to point along the flight path as it flies the mission. If you are defining POIs, you should set the Heading Mode to “Custom (WD)”.

Reactions: graywoulf
Your “Heading Mode” is set to “Auto (TNW)”. That will cause the drone to point along the flight path as it flies the mission. If you are defining POIs, you should set the Heading Mode to “Custom (WD)”.
Thank you for setting me straight on that! What does (WD) stand for?

Reactions: Sensii Fly
Another question. How do I change the camera direction from the last POI position back to forward flight position during the mission? Thanks!

Thank you for setting me straight on that! What does (WD) stand for?
TNW = Toward Next Waypoint
WD = Waypoint Defined

How do I change the camera direction from the last POI position back to forward flight position during the mission?
Add another POI then assign it to your last waypoint.

You should read the Litchi User Guide as it will answer many of your questions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum